Voodoo 4 nutting up Win 98 after install--HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - 3dfx' started by Fiasco, Dec 21, 2000.

1. Fiasco

Fiasco Guest

Howdy,<P>After running fine for 2 days after installing the Voodoo 4, my Win98 now insists on installing drivers for PNP devices, namely the old STB card and what it says is an "unknown" monitor.<P>I have a Gateway Pentium II 400 that came with video on the motherboard that is supposed to be disabled once a new card is installed.<P>My system only boots with repeated searching for new devices and multiple blue screens of death. It's unusable.<P>Every effort to disable the old hardware in Windows gets undone when I re-boot and if I get it to work for a couple minutes the system freezes.<P>Device Manager keeps showing a conflict with the monitor it insists on installing, but it won't let me disable it.<P>I'm in the PNP-disable device loop from hell.<P>Thanks in advance for your help,<P>--JB

2. Two things, try to disable that integrated videocard in your BIOS or assign the primary videocard to PCI (assuming thats the place where ur v4 is installed)<P>2) Install Windows clean and freshly again.