WickedGL

Discussion in 'Videocards - 3dfx' started by Creizai, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Creizai

Creizai Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia eVGA 6800GT @ 420/1090
    Dont Know if most of you know about this, but this can help your system run faster and have better playablitiy. I've used it for a long long time, and all my friends with vodoo's have it and use it also. The program drawback is not as good looking, the textures are more compressed and not as nice looking, but of course this doesn't really matter when you have a crappy system and you just want to play quake 3 on your celeron and your vodoo card. I recommend this to anyone with a vodoo card that wants to be able to play.

Click Below To Download it.
    WickedGL

Here is the article from voodoo files about WickedGL

wickedGL goes Shareware! WickedGL is an enhanced miniGL support for boards based on 3dfx Voodoo2/3/4/5, and Voodoo Banshee chipsets.

WickedGL contains an OpenGL subset for Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3, Hexen 2, Sin, Half-Life, Heretic 2, Daikatana, Kingpin, Soldier of Fortune, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Rune, Starsiege, Tribes, Tribes 2, Serious Sam, 4x4 Evolution, Axis, BGII, Crime Cities, DeusEx, MDK2, KO, MindRover, Hitman, Heavy Metal FAKK2, StarTrek DS9, Parsec, Screamer 4x4, Snok, StarTrek Voyager, Team Fortress, TreadMarks.

On most systems WickedGL will provide you with performance and quality improvements over standard drivers.

WickedGL features:

Improved visual quality
    High tolerance to heavy rendering loads
    Extra acceleration for high resolution high quality modes
    High quality texture compression on Voodoo4/Voodoo5. Forget about artifacts that you had with standard drivers!