Battlefield 4 (part 4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    For admins, skill provides a clear indication of who is really a noob unlike rank.

300 skill may be low for an average player, but it's not like this is your first FPS.

These noob servers are meant for beginners learning to play, not for an average player looking to dominate :)

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Played one round of air superiority with jets and saw my skill drop by 100. And it does not show anything if I'm an experienced or good player at all. Just a fact, I should not ever enter a jet, because in a jet I'm only good for the others to keep their spm ;)

But I agree with you, those servers are for players just beginning with fps, or new to the franchise, I wouldn't go there too, hence I asked to add it to the radar of bblog so I'd see them in advance. Because server descriptions are useless most of the time.

3. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    You guys play on europe servers

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    No it wasnt.

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I guess so, at least the people from Europe here on guru.

And well, bf3 wasn't riddled with bugs, those were features of the netcode and other stuff ;) I often get strange deaths and seriously highly doubtable things happening, but you grow to consider it a part of the game.

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yea the only noteworthy "bug" in BF3 was the not so great netcode (worse than BFBC2, but still better than BF4) and it was especially anoying for me to have all the failed melee takedowns, which I rarely had in BFBC2. Other than that, it was a solid game, I still prefer BF4 over BF3 though, but consider BFBC2 above both (granted, it's dated now, lacking all the mods on weapons/vehicles etc.).

7. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I played last night a lot. My in-game is SASHKA-BOY

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Skill is still flawed, but it's a better indication then Rank.

Personally if I were to design a plugin for a server to balance teams I would take specific stats from Battlelog and combine them:

• New Infantry skill level: Combination of 50% Skill and 50% Accuracy (not overall acc, but calculated from weapons)
    • New vehicle skill level: Combination of 50% Skill and 25% vehicle accuracy (vehicle weapons only) and 25% Vehicle kills (experience with vehicle)

On maps that are just infantry you only base it off the New Infantry Skill level value and balance players based upon that. I really think a proper skill indication would be good to balance teams better.

9. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I'm not a big fan of accuracy being calculated in skill.. taking pop shots and providing suppression shouldn't be discouraged. Accuracy as a valuable stat in BF4 is completely pointless if you are actually playing tactically or with team in mind, especially if you are like me and actually try to revive people or do objectives under fire.. sometimes I fire some pop shots and lay down quick suppression just to push back the enemy and give me time.

10. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Guys!
    Did any of you complete assignment where you have to win Chainlink game with 50 or less tickets left? I do not know how it is even possible. I played half a day and one team always ahead by hundreds of tickets.

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Chainlink is just horrible imo.. every match has been super quick and extremely one-sided. It's a neat concept, but it's just another mode that is going to be quickly ignored if it isn't fixed soon.

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I dunno... i think the only Chain Link map i've come across that has been pretty much one sided is Propaganda. If you're not on the US team in that map, you're pretty much boned from the start. US team has like... it's first 3 points pretty much out in the open... easily within view. Chinese team.... all pretty much indoors and hard to progress.

13. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I do not like it either. The only reason I played is because of this assignment. I think I will let it go and not finish it.

14. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock

Accuracy will too much unbalance things in favor of shotgun, sniper, DMR... let alone frags and RPG. The accuracy % is too much dependant of the weapons used.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It seems you already have joined : D

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
  17. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    skill does not tell you anything. you can easily tank your skill rating playing a round or 2 and doing nothing to get into a server with lower required skill.

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Like I said, accuracy needs to be calculated based upon specific weapons, not overall.

Perhaps the percentage value for supports should be lower (like 70% skill, 30% accuracy) and like 40% skill and 60% accuracy for assaults.

For assaults tbh it's a far bigger determing factor. I've seen ACE23's with 23% acc and a 4+ KD... they get rofl stomped vs an AEK of 26/27 % accuracy that goes on the offensive and only has a 2.6 KD.

Though this plugin would have quite a few calculations tbh.

Would also be useful if we could somehow track uncaps/caps (I do mention uncaps as offensive players tend to help with taking flags and uncapping them, but move out as soon as the enemy is unable to spawn --> no ribbon).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  19. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
  20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    BF2 > anything else...
    The knife bug was simply a weakness of the engine, and it still exists in other forms. Happens to me all the time that I can't knife sombody, I try a second time, then they suddenly turn around in between knives 1 and 2, and counterknive me. Bloody annoying :bang:

One thing seriously unfinished, and obviously uninteresting to the devs, is weapon balance. Like BF3 had it's m16, BF4 has a couple of weapons just op.

Presumably, just like the real world. Suppressive fire has been around for 100 years and more now, too bad the stats get lowered because of that.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.