Battlefield 4 (part 4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Some more funny gameplay by XFactor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm7qVzcN0og

---

@fantaskarsef

It was a noob server.. I've played on it quite a few times but I think they lowered the skill cap from 300 to 280.. My skill level usually hovers just under 300 so I was always able to join and have some good fun.

The way I understand it, your skill depends on the skill level of others you have killed? or the rank? I 'm not sure to be honest.

2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    From what I understand it depends on various factors, including the opposing team's skill level. A server capped at anywhere near 300 is horrible.. How are people supposed to get better if they don't challenge themselves against better players?

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Challenge is overrated.. one sided rape is where it's at hahaha.... xD

Skill Cap is good.. it stops a lot of hackers from joining a server, but.. Low Skill caps aren't so good.. it stops a lot of normal players from joining : <

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Don't they put "noobs" in the server name to get people in who aren't good at the game?

Sounds pretty fcked up if it's true...

5. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Is this game worth it? I played BF3 and it was riddled with bugs when I played it. (1 year ago.)

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Yes..

There are some silly little bugs, but all in all it is actually working pretty good now.

The Netcode is feeling much better also, they have improved it drastically since it was released.

Don't buy it on Origin, look elsewhere for a cheaper price.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Noobs are people too!! they have feelings you know.. they don't choose to be noobs.. they just are..

8. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Okay thanks i'll give it a try! If I buy it elsewhere is does it handle it like steam does? A.K.A. still making me register the game on Origin?

9. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    HEY! Rape is a taboo word, the proper word is struggle snuggle, get it straight man.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Yes, you can redeem a product code.

Top left bar of Origin, click Origin first on the list is Redeem product Code

You will put your Code in there, and then the game the code belongs to is added to your Origin account.

I've done this with BF4 and Crysis 2.

--

@DerSchniffles

IT'S PRONOUNCED R A E P

And No Lubricant!!... because they aren't worth it : I

11. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    45 minutes, no breaking eye contact?

12. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    So I don't have an SSD, but have a legit question. Should I put BF4 in the "First partition", i.e. completely on the outter platter of my drive. Been debating on doing that.

Currently BF4 is on a slower hard drive, whereas my main drive is a Caviar Black.

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    merging 3 quote posts...

Putting BF4 on the faster hdd (or ssd) drastically improves load times when the new rounds start. Increases the chance to get those precious vehicles ;)

What eye contact if you sneak up behind them, and thrust... uhm a knive ... uhm to their chest.

I've once read on the battlefield blog, that skill mostly is built, gained or lost on player deaths and kills. If you kill somebody with superior skill or level, you gain some, if you get killed you lose some. If you kill some low lvl low skill people you gain less than with high lvl high skill ones.
    Also, you lose more skill if you get killed by a low lvl low skill player, than if you get killed by somebody with high stats.
    Of course, skill only means the statistics from battlelog here, not absolut skill in playing the game.

Imho the system is horribly broken... you lose lots of skill if you get jetraped all the time, just as well if you get spawnraped, or if you get backraped by some noob spawning behind you by coincidence. After all, you could say the better your kdr, the better your skill, which makes it quite redudant and random to me.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    deleted

15. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950

16. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Thanks for that, though I've been wondering if having it on the outermost platter in its own partition along with BF3 is a good idea.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Which, technically, is calculated into each players skill, so somehow it is involving skill comparison. :nerd:
    But thanks for posting that thread, I've got to study that thing again!
    I myself, and the peeps from my platoon don't give much about it anyway, spm and kdr is what we consider to say the most about a player's capabilities.

18. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    @KissSh0t can I get an invite to the Guru Squad orgin name is same as on the forums here. Been reading the last few pages tempted to start playing again.

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
  20. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    well i was playing last night and got killed by someone from Guru platoon! Who was it?! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.