HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    yes, we can:kiss:

I found working bits for dmc and cod bo1 + 2
    looks great, post some screenshots later.

hbao+ is :)

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Requests:

*Painkiller (Black Edition)
    *NecrovisioN+NecrovisioN Lost Company

They'll really benefit from HBAO+ (the lighting is so flat!)

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  3. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I was about to ask the same thing.

4. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    LOL!

NecroVision *has* an SSAO option in menu but the effect is awful looking in-game (you know, "moving noise").

DX9 & DX10 rendering available!

5. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Yeah, well, they pushed PainEngine to it's limits.

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    After testing for someone. HBAO+ is impossible with Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City. (GPU usage/memory increase, but there is no AO applied, or it's applied to softly that it feels like a placebo) Which is a shame because the in game SSAO has some really bad flickering problems.

Your best option is once GeDoSaTo works with the game properly, (And he implements the generic SMAA/FXAA option for rendering resolution) is to play the game at the highest possible resolution you can with the in game SSAO +/SMAA or FXAA to get the best possible results.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  7. Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 4GB (x2)
    Since no one else mentioned it (or plays the game, I guess), Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn can use the Demigod bits (0x0000001F). The only problem is that it occassionally (not always) sticks out through fog, but otherwise it works fine. Doesn't flicker in and out of existence, doesn't go through HUD elements or particle effects, etc.

Have a screenshot. Or maybe this one? It's very difficult to tell it's working in any individual screenshot but trust me when I say it's a million times better than the default in-game SSAO.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Guruknight

About Rift,

I started with typical dx9 AO flags and then moved slowly down to 0x0000010, once I crossed bellow 0x0000010 mark I started to notice that AO shade between character legs, but its very faint and it stayed this way with all lower flags ie 0x05, 0x03, 0x02.

Will have to see with Bulletstorm though, I dont have it installed anymore..

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah I remember not liking the in game SSAO at all.

Would you mind getting a screencap of it bleeding through the fog?

Would you also mind testing to find maybe another flag that doesn't have that issue?

What else are you using in those shots? SweetFX?

Also: An On/Off comparison would be greatly appreciated as well. (Even though I can clearly see it TBH)

Can someone who has RE6 and has an easier method to test, test the game for HBAO+?
    I don't want to have to play through part of the game just to be able to test reliably for it :|

10. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    -Resident Evil Revelations-

General Info: Nothing really to say other than you should probably turn the brightness all the way down to 0. The default setting is weird/too high of gamma. Playing at brightness 0 looks a lot better and makes the HBAO+ fit a lot better as well.

0x0000002F

26 http://i.minus.com/ibyhennp03U7R2.png
    2F http://i.minus.com/ibxBr2jb1b5ajj.png

11. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Another "we need to save it but it's a desperate mission" game.....Commandos Strike Force :p

(And that game demands a texture pack too :D)

12. Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 4GB (x2)
    Okay, I can answer this post now:

I can get a screenshot of the fog bleeding but... well, it's difficult. It only happens during certain weather conditions and even then it only happens when certain models are on-screen, so it's difficult to replicate. As far as I'm concerned, it's pretty much a non-issue.

I've tested almost every single AO bit on the list; many of them have no effect at all, or the effect is so subtle that it's not worth it. (Some of them just bring the framerate to a crawl.) The only other AO bit worth noting is the Aion bit, which shows up through the HUD, fog, and particle effects, so it's a no-go.

Yes, I'm also using SweetFX. (I'm kind of addicted to the film grain now. I like how it helps hide the blurriness of the low-res textures.) Also using SGSSAA, with the bits (0x004012C5).

And here's a comparison:
    No AO | In-game AO ("Strong") | HBAO+

...Gods, looking at that comparison, HBAO+ really is absurdly superior. Love it.

Also, note how the in-game AO doesn't even affect character lighting. It was one of the strange omissions that had me clamoring for HBAO+. (TBH, I would even have preferred they kept the absurdly performance-intensive AO of FFXIV 1.0 instead of what they use now, because at least it looked good.)

13. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Amazing shot!

14. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    I don't know if it's the best result, but it's working!

Halo/Halo Custom Edition (new update 1.0.10!) + FW 337.81
    bits 0x000A002D (Far Cry 2 profile) - HQ Quality

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Thank you. I will be adding it now.

Yeah I remember the SSAO in 1.0 was actually not too bad. Just another thing from it that was abandoned for whatever reason. Much like decent AA and a nearly seamless world.

You are using 4xSGSSAA with that bit correct ?

16. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    "0x0000002D" should be enough, unless this game has a DX10/11 mode?
    Those extra AO bits in "0x000A002D" have no effect in DX9 ;)

Btw I found a very nice HBAO+ flag "0x00000024" for Batman: Arkham Asylum.
    I also tested various AO profiles in the DX9 mode of Arkham City, but didn't find anything that didn't either bleed through the menu, cause various graphics glitches and/or reduced GPU usage (even when working).

My full AO report can be found here for reference purposes:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10217786&postcount=82

17. Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 4GB (x2)
    If that was towards my post, I should thank you. :)

I actually know the reason was for performance, much like a lot of the other downgrades were done to increase the framerate. It worked, but some things suffered more than others (the AO obviously being one of those things).

And yes, 4x SGSSAA. It's great to see it in that quality at (close to) 60 FPS.

18. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    After testing at least in DX9, there are a few AO bits for Resident Evil 5. But none of them apply to any cutscenes. I'm guessing due to the different rendering aspect ratio vs main rendering resolution.

If you play the Variable benchmark with the cropped/zoomed in cutscene intro. HBAO+ does apply to that. So /shrug.

Gonna test DX10 to see if anything different.

Edit: can't seem to get the default flag to work in DX10. I get GPU usage but no AO effects. Hm. Maybe it's dependent on HDR version am using?

AHA. IT IS and it applies in cutscenes.

the AO effect is very good too, a bit strong that suits the style of the art.

As long as you don't look at the sky... :(
    It's more pronounced with higher resolution too http://i.minus.com/ibl7dBhp1mPiHH.png

EDIT: Doesn't seem to happen in other areas of chapter 1 http://i.minus.com/ibja8aWWi4EHAz.png (HBAO+ on, no skybox issue)

I also confirmed that SGSSAA with HDR High also has issues with the DoF in cutscenes, like in gameplay. (Mainly that it's not AA'd, so while geometry and lighting are AA'd, there will be some temporal instability with DoF a little bit).

Using HDR Low with SGSSAA produces a decent result (while missing a few edges that High allows you to get) and even AA's the DoF buffer, making DoF look *Fabulous*. However, it has the same horizontal line issue in shadows like RE6 does. Using the AA Fix fixes the lines, but also skips the DoF buffer like with HDR High. So it can be used for better performance/slightly less AA quality still.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  19. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Here is another reference for your HBAO+ list, MrBonk:
    http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=421561

According to the above "Enhanced Graphics Guide" for Battlefield: Heroes, the "0x00000003" flag works quite well for HBAO+ in this game.
    Please note, that the author updated the guide, and the comparison screenshots included are taken with the 331.40 driver, i.e. it is HBAO+ and not SSAO being forced ;)
    Personally I never played this game, so I have no idea if it causes any bleeding or other issues.

Maybe somebody else can test for this (if anybody still plays this game online?)

20. Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 4GB (x2)
    Just a note about FFXIV: ARR - the in-game AO (at "strong" level) actually affects the normal mapping, so if that's something you like you may want to consider having it on if you're okay with the artifacts from it. You can have it in addition to the HBAO+ as well, since its performance hit is so miniscule, though this makes the shadowing quite dark.