edimensional glasses + samsung 2233rz

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by Matt Zehr, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Matt Zehr

Matt Zehr Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLI 729/1542/1148
    is it possible to use the edimentional glasses I bought o so many years ago with my new samsung 2233rz? i need another few weeks to save up for the nvidia glasses and was wondering if theese would work in the meantime?

my other question is if the edimentional glasses will work as a second pair once i do get the nvidia glasses... will tehy synch up off the nvidia transmitter? - because that would be a much cheaper solution tehn buying a second nvidia set...

2. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    My guess is that they won't sync with the nvidia transmitter.
    Plus, is the pair you have compatible with LCDs? (As their first ones aren't)

3. Matt Zehr

Matt Zehr Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLI 729/1542/1148
    a good question, i bought them in 2003 if memory serves me correctly, they are wireless and have a dsub connection - non dvi

i looked around the web the best i could to see if anyone had tried to use edimentional glasses with the nvidia transmitter - but found nothing

4. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    I'm refering to whether the glasses themselves are compatible, i.e. if the shutters used
    on the goggles are always blocking the LCD. Just hold them infront of the LCD level, as you would have worn them.

5. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    sadly they will not work they are CRT only... the connector box is. as for a second set. i don't really know. it was great when it was a 120$ product but now that its in the 500 for a smaller 22inch monitor and the glasses i just dont see it being worthy... I rather save that 500 to spend on a GT300 card when they come out.