ManuelG - 9xx series and custom refresh?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by (.)(.), Jul 29, 2016.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    How come with the gtx 5xx (specifically the gtx 580) i could set a custom resolution with 75-77Hz and play games and use the desktop just fine with perfect clarity, yet with the gtx 970 ive replaced my gtx580 with:

• HDMI cable i can only go up tp 66Hz as any higher causes the screen to go blank, requiring me to pull the cable out of the monitor end and plug it back in, as the 15 sec countdown to default wont return the image.

• With DVI above 66Hz causes the screen to shake and go extremely blurry ( but if i hit printscreen and paste into paint, the image shows up just fine).

Ive tried different drivers from the 34x.xx up, yet nothing works. Is this a limitation or protection (for monitors) to prevent damage to standard 60Hz monitors or is it something at my end?

The 970 as is, is fantastic. But this its disappointing that now that ive a gpu still somewhat relevant, i cant play at higher than 60fps, yet with my 580 i could just fine on most games pre 2013.

Break it down MG, whats going on?

Edit: If the new tech of the 9xx series+ means i need to update my monitor, then thats fine, i dont expect a pre 2010 monitor to evolve with the times like some sort of...Hilbert.

SOLVED

*snort* Bahahaha! wt.. this just fixed my issue!

Thank you soooo much! Thanks man! :D

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You need nvidia pixel clock patcher.

Monitor artifacts will never show up in a print screen

3. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    I think ManuelG has been absent for a long time now.

i suppose he was here last week nvm.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Tried it, but the resolutions dont show up in game.