AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA8 (13.250.18.0 October 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Espionage724, Oct 28, 2013.

1. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    I'm still getting nasty lags and skips which aren't there e with it off.

2. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    wut ? where ? :)

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Nice, I'll try that later. Is this with Vsync?

4. Faruk

Faruk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Noctua 4080

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  6. anatomyhorror

anatomyhorror Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 reference
    I'm having an issue.

I was using I believe it was 13.4 before, and recently upgrade to 13.11 beta8. Upon updating, CCC no longer works and I get an error. So then I installed 13.11 beta7. Same issue. So then I ran AMD driver uninstaller utility and reinstalled beta7 again. Now CCC isn't even in the tray, and it's not showing up in my right click menu on desktop.

What's going on? I know some people may not care for CCC but I liked messing with it to tweak monitor colors and whatnot.

Thanks.

7. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Flip queue size doesn't have an effect on directX 10+ games.

8. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    Anyone here with a AMD APU laptop with dedicated GPU? After I benchmarked with 3DMark, saw my result and then closing the 3DMark window a strange flickering line at the top of the screen appears. This problem doesn't appeared in Beta V1 (13.200) only in V6-V8. When I start another game in fullscreen mode, the problem is gone. Anyone with the same problem?

9. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Try atimanuninstaller followed by CCleaner.

10. silvern

silvern Guest

GPU:
    HD 6950
    I'm having this problem since beta 6. Win 7 x64, HD 6950. Contacted AMD support but got no answer from there. Tried driver sweeping and back to stable which is 13.9, no luck. Bugs like this is why i'm considering going Nvidia next time around..

11. skoolz

skoolz Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3090
    idk what they did, but going from beta 7 to 8 introduced significantly more sudden fps drops (and the resulting stutter) in BF4 on my single 7970 GE. I had to uninstall and revert back to 7, and, while the stutter is still present, it is FAR less frequent and very tolerable.

EDIT: wanted to add that the overall FPS also drops. It seems like the card struggles to keep up using beta 8, but not beta 7.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  12. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Dunno why you keep claiming that. I dont have any issue with DX9 Games anymore. And not every flickering is related to THE DX9-Flickering we had back then.
    Don't mean to beharsh but do you even know how THE dx9 issue looked like? Trust me i remember it pretty well and i play a lot DX9 games even games which are hardly played by anyone and some strange indie games (which were affected before the fix). "THE FLICKERING" is gone as far as my expierience goes.

13. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    No, don't use atiman uninstaller it's garbage and can ruin your OS. Use amd install manager express uninstall | reboot into safe mode use driver fusion to delete amd display and if it's the free version delete ati technologies folder(in program files x86), reboot then run ccleaner and install new amd drivers. These drivers are solid for me on windows 8.1, if you're on windows 8 I suggest upgrading to 8.1 as it plays better with these new amd drivers.

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Confirm it under Linux, and then we'll see how hardware-related it is. I'm betting it's only tied to Windows and DX9 games, which does not signify a hardware issue.

15. smoney

smoney Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NITRO R9 390
    I have had more success uninstalling drivers using atiman 7.0.2 wheres the proof of this system breaking the os? I've seen this rumor float around the forum. Just follow the onscreen instructions and let the application run if you interrupt it by unplugging your computer you will have complication but that is unnecessary you just let the program run and follow the instructions it's safe to use.

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    wtf are you talking about? there are many people on here that use atiman on a regular basis without any ill effects at all.

please provide backup to your accusations or gtfo....

17. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    Atiman uninstaller is an out of date unsupported program that can delete things it shouldn't, personal experience with it. I wouldn't bother trying it with windows 8 or 8.1 it had like one update and is a total one off by a random person, driver fusion is extremely polished and works very well. I will still recommend driver fusion over it even if it works.

18. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    This really bothers me. This really should have been done before the game was released. Seriously, what gives? Why couldn't the two companies coordinate early enough to have this done before launch?

Now the ones who buy the game at launch have to suffer as the "beta" testers.

19. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Who knows? EA DICE have many agreements with both main GPU brands. The money flows in huge packets. That's a fact. So, what tells me they don't purposely keep the game unoptimised at the beginning in order to push people to get new cards? Just check when BF3 released how many on forums started asking questions about their new GPUs or which one to get to run the game on High etc.

As I said before, when BF3 released I could barely run just on High settings... Now, I can even play on Ultra with 2x AA or on High with 4x AA and VSync on. Such a great difference, over 25FPS on average is kinda mysterious...

Now given BF4 is BF3 with some tweaks while suffers the same issues... what gives?

I like theories, though :p

20. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC