MSI GTX 560ti 448 core SLI'd vs 1 GTX 580?.. Which is better?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by scarsreminder80, Feb 26, 2012.

1. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    "Well to you 4k might not look better than 1k/2k textures but too many others they do, and don't take this the wrong way but perhaps you need to check at a higher resolution? and I'd love to see you post 'better looking texture' shots at 1k/2k texture sizes and not just over-saturated enb configs that make the game look worse that vanilla, hah and if you knew what the mods I posted were you'd know what they did and that not all effect textures "

bla bla :p Im not using ENB, only these and ~ 2gb extra textures..

[​IMG]

Its not the best location, but this doesnt look any worse then your screens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway this is getting way off topic, if we must then lest continue in TES5 thread. :p

2. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

^hehe.. ok it does look quite similar even though you can clearly see the low res textures :p

ps.

on a serious note, anyone who wants to see how good skyrim can look and how much vram it needs to look that way with a minimum number of mods (without going over the top with mods to improve every little item like me) can simply install the official DLC texture pack along with two mods.

1. Skyrim HD 2k (high-res)
    2. Vurts Flora Overhaul (high-res)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  3. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    maybe character robe :p, i didnt install any special character cloth mods yet, only for town people/creatures :nerd:

4. ollie26

ollie26 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX560TI 448 980/1960
    No not low settings, I have every setting maxed out in the Skyrim config option settings & all view sliders at maximum, except for AA which is at 4x. 16x AF forced through Nvidia CP & AO on performance.

I have the official texture pack from Bethesda, Skyrim HD 2K Textures, Enhanced blood/terrain/night. High quality faces, pure waters breeze, Real Ice 1K-2K, realistic smoke & embers, Realistic water textures, Skyrim Floral overhaul, Skyrim sun glare, Weapon re-texture. to name a few

Before the last patch i used to drop some frames in doors but that now has been fixed. I either run D3Doverdier & V-Sync at 60fps or i use Dxtory & cap the fps at 58 to prevent screen tear.

My Vram is usually maxed depending on where i am in the game but doesn't stop it from performing like a champ.

Back on topic. OP i have sent you a PM with a link to a thread me & other 560ti 448 users have shared lots of info. Some users have SLI 448's as well. Hope it helps.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

maybe, but I still don't see how you can be getting 60 fps sync'd all the time with all those mods installed, though to be honest based on what people running sli 470's and 570's have posted in the skyrim thread it's pretty difficult to get playable frame rates and no stuttering with all those mods with 1.25GB vram, especially if you are using the high-res versions?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  6. ollie26

ollie26 Guest

GPU:
    I have no need to tell porkys :) I mainly use my 900/1800/2200 overclocked profile for Skyrim & not the 980/1970/2200 because the extra power is not needed. This is at 1080p and using triple buffering via D3Doverdier. Many people have problems running games, because some guy who has more horse-power doesn't mean he can out perform a lesser system. Maybe SLI is the problem?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  7. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I've never run the game with less vram but have seen how much vram it uses on my system and the awfull stuttering when it runs out of vram so can only speculate myself, but here's what other posters had to say in the skyrim thread very recently. Few posts down from top.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354974&page=79

8. ollie26

ollie26 Guest

GPU:
    The game will use more vram if you have more, that's why your usage is 1.8GB. I have no stuttering either. I will check out the Skyrim thread as this is another topic :)

Peace

9. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

^ I assume you're implying it uses texture streaming? but it doesn't... iy uses 1.1GB unmodded/without texture packs/mods regrdless of vram available.

10. scarsreminder80

scarsreminder80 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 Classy Ultra
    well after much consideratio, I think I finally decided. After reading over the TES:5 thread and hearing about so many woes over "not enough vram" and "stuttering due to vram", the winner is..... for best picture.....

The GTX 580 3GB!

I made this choice based on 2 reasons.

The 560ti 448 core doesn't improve my vram very much and if I SLI it now that means its about the best its going to get.. Meaning there is no future in it. Once its outgrown, its outgrown.

The 580 3GB seems to stand out among the crowd as having a strong future for expansion thru SLI and the overall performance does great with just a single card without all the hoopla involved from oc.

Now if anyone would like to argue this choice or offer up any addition support or comments before I make the purchase please feel free as I will not be getting the card for another month or so. (really want to see these kelper cards first)

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Good reasoning, also if you're not buying for another month then keep an eye out for nvidia's kepler graphics cards. They should make an appearence in a month or so and might present better price/performance and have a decent amount of vram.

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    kepler no brainer, unless you are getting the 580 today wait for nvidia