Overclocking problems ...

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by nachocheese70, Apr 17, 2001.

1. nachocheese70

nachocheese70 New Member

GPU:
    MSI and Foxconn 8800GT/512
    I'm having trouble with the Overclocking feature in RC4. Maybe I'm doing something stupid, but I would enable hardware overclocking, and allow a reboot. After that, I would go in and manually crank up the core clock and memory. I would then click on "test", then "save", and finally "apply". However, after I exit and go back into "overclock," the settings would be back to default (except the "save" part). However, upon reboot, the "save" part would be blank.<br>
    <br>
    I've tried Detonator 12.00, 11.01, and 10.80 running on Windows 2000. I'm pretty sure the settings aren't kicking in since if I use 3DMark2001, I get the exact same results for all the combination.<br>
    <br>
    Any suggestions?<br>
    <br>
    Thanks,

2. stefan

stefan Guest

<br>
    Hmm, <br>
    try this; set speeds, choose test, click apply, an then you should notice that the save button is blank. get out.<br>
    Get in again, and check if it is okay now.<br>
    <br>
    When you have rebooted the save button should be blank, because rivatuner thinks it has already changed speeds, only after adjusting would the save button be accessible again.<br>
    <br>
    If its doesnt set it, then Maybe the video adapter is not properly recognised, rivatuner can recognise it, but not change settings.<br>
    Does your adapter show up in rivatuner(startup screen)?<br>
    <br>

3. nachocheese70

nachocheese70 New Member

GPU:
    Thanks for the help.<br>
    <br>
    Still, no go. I change the speed, click on test, and then apply. However, the save button is still dark. I would exit back to the main screen, and click on system again. The frequency goes right back to 250MHz/458MHz.<br>
    <br>
    BTW, at the main screen, it says the target adapter is "NVIDIA GeForce2 Ultra"<br>
    <br>
    Thanks,

4. nachocheese70

nachocheese70 New Member

GPU:
    Hey, I noticed that Simpsons reference in the Power User setting. From a search, I take it that Bart and Homer are the default settings, and Krusty and Lisa are the current settings. Is this correct? How about Marge, what does she do?<br>
    <br>
    Maybe I just need to modify things here. What does all the number mean?<br>
    <br>
    Thanks,<br>
    <br>

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Please check up overclocking feature in Detonator control panel. Does it work properly?