Does anyone think that ATI....

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by KillerC, Aug 2, 2003.

1. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Do you think ATI will ever write a driver (like the Nvidia one) for stereo 3D that could be intergraded into ther driver CP?

I know E-D wrote one that seems to somewhat work so it looks like it can be done , the question is will ATI ever do it?

I allready have 2 pair of shutter glasses , all I need now is the driver:D

Just wondering....

Killer

2. SamualT

SamualT Member

No, I don't think ATI will ever provide a stereo-3d driver.

It is a niche market. There is little incentive for ATI to write one. They are making so much money as it is that it wouldn't be worth the cost of programming it. At least not in the short run. Nvidia got smart and wants all the niche markets. They are looking at the long run. They like having dedicated users like me who will only buy Nvidia from now on. Nvidia tries a little harder to grab your dollar, thats all.

Besides that, I emailed ATI about this very subject. They said they wern't planning on any kind of stereo drivers in the foreseeable future.

Dump the ATI and buy you a nice little Nvidia. I just dumped an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro in favor of a much lesser Nvidia card. The stereo-3d drivers are great! It was worth the switch. I have seen the light!...and it's name was NVIDIA!

Having said all that, I also sat in on a Nvidia chat session at EVGA.com and they said they were getting around to updating the stereo-3d drivers but couldn't discuss when it would be released. I can't wait!

3. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I can't go for a lesser card....it's going to have o be a FX 5900!!:D I think your right , I love my 9700 but.....I think 3D is going to make a big comeback.

However it will be cheaper to try an E-D pair of glasses first , just to see how far they will go with their drivers.

But I'll keep watching ATI for now:rolleyes: