Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    That's because your GPU is 2GB. Ultra requires 3GB. Either way this game needs a patch and an official driver profile from both AMD/NVIDIA.

2. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    3GB is definitely enough. Never once have I exceeded 3GB with ultra enabled, not even with 4xAA enabled. VRAM totals at around 2.7GB for me, haven't seen it go higher than that.

The problem is not with hardware, it's with optimization. We need a patch and a driver.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Do you have anisotropic filtering enabled in your driver panel?

4. -Eon-

-Eon- Member

GPU:
    ASUS Amd Radeon R9 270X2
    :pc1:I can't wait - get Watch Dogs in Ultra mode and everybody here going to overclock It too.

5. Pura.

Pura. Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim
    Ok i finally found some time to test the game out a bit

Running Everything at Ultra/Maxed out + custom profile
    FPS mostly capped at 60, with drops to 50 sometimes , but nothing too extreme if we consider that the game is not released yet and there are still no driver optimization for it.

I played the game for 2 hours today ,and i can confirm that the game never used more then 3043mb VRAM (on ultra 1080p)

The only thing thats a no go its Supersampling... with that ON i get around 20fps dropping hard to 10 most of the time

My setup i7 4770k @ 4.6, 780ti (oc'ed core at 1300mhz)

at the time of testing the game was NOT on a SSD , i did use the pagefile tweak that i found on guru3d

also id like to point out that the game looks amazing

6. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Yeah. Ultra textures and driver forced AF.

7. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    CAN ANYONE HELP???

PLEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I´m seeing ppl playing with 7990 and dual 7970... What drivers are you using?? I´m using 14.4 WHQL.

I have 2x 280x... I disabled CFX, enabled it, tried a mix of settings and the game keeps crashing to desktop...

8. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    I'm using the beta 14.4 driver. Performance sucks balls, but at least I'm not having any the issues you've mentioned. Try going back to the beta driver.

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Agreed. The VRAM issue seems to be affect NVidia users the most. I'm sure NVidia will have a new set of drivers for this game early next week..

The reason why I asked if you had AF enabled was because if you look at the wooden floor in the third picture, the sharpness seems to fade the further it is from Aiden.

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    there is no vram issue, thje new concoles have loads of it for the devs to use and thankfully they're starting to by the looks of it, this, wolf, and daylight.
    the gtx 880 reportedly has 4gb as standard and now we know why, lets let the 2gb cards lay to rest now, even the 3gb ones are starting to show their age.

11. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Yeah, it doesn't seem to working. This game has some tech issues that need to sorted out via a patch, but since it's Ubisoft we're talking about here, I can't say I'm too confident about that.

12. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    I'm pretty sure Wolfenstein is using mega textures, for more variation and no tiling effect. But it sure as hell isn't using high quality textures because most of the game looks god awful. :puke2:

Both ps4/xb1 have around 5GB that the devs can use, but they aren't capitalizing on it. Just look at the comparison of textures between PS4 vs PC, PC wins even though most PC GPU's don't have 5GB of VRAM. 3GB seems to be the sweet spot right now. I've never really had any issues with 3GB apart from extremely modded Skyrim when I'm using loads of 4k and 2k textures, but that's a given.

4GB will probably be necessary towards the end of this current gen I think, but it's not really necessary at the moment from what I've been able to see. Especially if you're only playing at 1080p.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    When I said VRAM issue, I don't mean in regards to capacity. I mean in regards to VRAM management with this specific game.

And that's most likely a driver problem. The driver isn't managing the VRAM very well which is why GTX 780s are still experiencing stuttering with textures on ultra. A more optimized driver should take care of this problem though.

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Ubisoft did a great job patching up AC IV, and I know they have a lot riding on Watch Dogs so I'm confident these issues will be sorted out.

But the AF issue could be driver related as well..

The Xbox One/PS4's memory is shared though so not all of that 5 GB is available for rendering at any one time. There are pluses and minuses to this approach, just like there are pluses and minuses to discrete graphics cards with their own dedicated memory.

For low end machines, the unified memory architecture may work best, but for high end PCs, dedicated VRAM will likely always be better..

15. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    Support CFX?

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    What a great job , they still havent added tripple buffering.

bunch of twats

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    There is an ongoing debate as too whether 2gb is enough. Well at 1440p generally in most games its fine. However almost every new game that is release when maxxed out at 1440p will go much higher than 2gb ram. So be prepared to run new games with less textures,get a new card or wait for Maxwell. That is it in a nutshell and its only going to increase as time goes on.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I believe Ubisoft has talented men that can optimize a game really well.Take Splinter Cell Blacklist for example.Unreal Engine 2.5 and the game looked awesome and the performance was great too.I can only call them lazy because they can, it's just that they don't care.

19. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080
    Hi guys, I had no problems to enable SweetFX in Watch_Dogs, just like any other game. I used this preset I found in another forum:

http : / / sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1675/
    (Sorry about spaces, first post here)

Just download Watch Dogs 1.4.zip from there and unzip in \bin\ folder and open the game. You can enable split-screen comparison enabling USE_SPLITSCREEN 1 in SweetFX_settings.txt.

I don't like very much the color balance in that SweetFX preset but its better than vanilla, thats for sure!

20. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    Doesnt work for me. Game starts than close to desktop soon after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.