Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce
Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce This forum is all about NVIDIA graphics cards and related technology. Do you have a question regarding an older GeForce videocard? Likely we have the answer.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#1251)
A M D BugBear
Maha Guru
 
A M D BugBear's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2 1080ti h20 w/XOC Bios
Processor: Dual Xeon E5-2678@2.9-3.4
Mainboard: Asus d10pe-d8 ws
Memory: 64GB Samsung 2133@2205
Soundcard: SOUNDBLASTER X-FI(USB)
PSU: Dual Psu-1200W/760W Srail
Default 07-17-2017, 04:59 | posts: 2,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-A01 View Post
I wouldn't bother.

XOC bios is just too easy and end results are the same, if not a little better.
Zero power throttling.
Hi, flashing to xoc works well, but one problem, the XOC Voltage Tool, I tried using that program and keeps saying: error error error.

Says does not detect asus strix card,

Tried flashing to that, same problem

Question concering the XOC bios:

Once flashed to this bios, I do understand that all power stuff that was holding the card back has been removed, but do you need the xoc voltage tool as well? Or does the bios automatically distribute whatever power is needed?

Last edited by A M D BugBear; 07-17-2017 at 05:10.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#1252)
fantaskarsef
Ancient Guru
 
fantaskarsef's Avatar
 
Videocard: 1080Ti @h2o
Processor: 5930K @h2o
Mainboard: R5E @h2o
Memory: Ripjaws 32GB DDR4
Soundcard: ALC1150
PSU: AX 1200i
Default 07-17-2017, 09:29 | posts: 6,800 | Location: Austria (no kangaroos here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M D BugBear View Post
Question concering the XOC bios:

Once flashed to this bios, I do understand that all power stuff that was holding the card back has been removed, but do you need the xoc voltage tool as well? Or does the bios automatically distribute whatever power is needed?
Good question. I believe though, that AB should be fine, as you're not running any specific voltage controller (like Strix cards) that would need any in depth talking to the chip?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1253)
Agent-A01
Ancient Guru
 
Agent-A01's Avatar
 
Videocard: 1080Ti H20
Processor: i7 5930K 4.7GHz H20
Mainboard: ASUS X99-AU31
Memory: G.Skill 32GB 3200C12
Soundcard: ASUS Phoebus
PSU: EVGA P2-1200W
Default 07-17-2017, 15:25 | posts: 9,493 | Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M D BugBear View Post
Question concering the XOC bios:

Once flashed to this bios, I do understand that all power stuff that was holding the card back has been removed, but do you need the xoc voltage tool as well? Or does the bios automatically distribute whatever power is needed?
There are no TDP sliders anymore as there is zero power limiting.

As for voltage, you can change it.

Use MSI afterburner to edit curve to set the voltage/clock speeds that you want.

Don't bother with XOC tool
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1254)
A M D BugBear
Maha Guru
 
A M D BugBear's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2 1080ti h20 w/XOC Bios
Processor: Dual Xeon E5-2678@2.9-3.4
Mainboard: Asus d10pe-d8 ws
Memory: 64GB Samsung 2133@2205
Soundcard: SOUNDBLASTER X-FI(USB)
PSU: Dual Psu-1200W/760W Srail
Default 07-17-2017, 16:53 | posts: 2,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-A01 View Post
There are no TDP sliders anymore as there is zero power limiting.

As for voltage, you can change it.

Use MSI afterburner to edit curve to set the voltage/clock speeds that you want.

Don't bother with XOC tool
That's the problem, I can't get the voltage curve to show up, it will not show.

I tried the way this site shows it:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1625653/h...g-on-a-1080-ti

But I can't get it to work.

What do I write on the bottom of that oem2 file???

Do I use the wildcard file?

Cause it doesn't work.

Also, there was a video I seen awhile back, it showed his fps,etc,etc and also his maximum tdp draw, while onscreen, do you know which program is this?

UPDATE:

Wait a min, Couldn't I just use slider within Precision XOC?, the xoc can go as high as 1162mv, whereas the msi ab version go as high as 1200mv.

I like using the xoc cause of the fan control, msi ab, for some reason, fan on card doesn't turn on.

OK, NVM ME:

LOL, Cntrl+F, its not shown by default, had to look it up some. Question about the curve editor, how in the hell can you increase the gpu MV while at a lower gpu speed? Reason why I asked, certain benchmark with certain settings such as sparsgrid absolutely brutalized the card, and must jock down the gpu big time in order to gain more stability, another to help stability Is voltage but how in the heck can you make the editor increase voltage @ 1800mhz lets say, like from 1800mhz to 2000mhz, uses 1200mv throughout.

UPDATE:

LOL, All my problems has been solved, Please check my newest post on my bios mod, VERY GOOD thread.

Very staggering results.

Last edited by A M D BugBear; 07-17-2017 at 19:56.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#1255)
IcemaN22
Member Guru
 
Videocard: Asus 1080Ti ROG STRIX
Processor: 4930K @ 4.4Ghz - 24/7
Mainboard: MSI X79A GD65 8D
Memory: 16GB HyperX 2400mhz
Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX
PSU: Corsair RM 1000W
Default 07-18-2017, 00:45 | posts: 120 | Location: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M D BugBear View Post
Hello, whats your power target now?
I've never touched that setting, so it is 100%,
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1256)
chispy
Ancient Guru
 
chispy's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX1080Ti @ 2126/6156 H2O
Processor: Ryzen 1700x @ 4102Mhz H2O
Mainboard: Asus CH VI Hero x370 AM4
Memory: DDR4-16GB @ 3555Mhz
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: eVGA Supernova G2-1300w
Default 07-18-2017, 02:12 | posts: 7,784 | Location: In Paradise :)

There you go AMDbugbear. Easiest way to learn how to use the curve overclocking on msi afterburner









   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1257)
A M D BugBear
Maha Guru
 
A M D BugBear's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2 1080ti h20 w/XOC Bios
Processor: Dual Xeon E5-2678@2.9-3.4
Mainboard: Asus d10pe-d8 ws
Memory: 64GB Samsung 2133@2205
Soundcard: SOUNDBLASTER X-FI(USB)
PSU: Dual Psu-1200W/760W Srail
Default 07-18-2017, 06:29 | posts: 2,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chispy View Post
There you go AMDbugbear. Easiest way to learn how to use the curve overclocking on msi afterburner









Thanks alot but I fixed everything in the throttling dept.

Check out my 1080ti bios mod on this site, Everything is taken care of.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1258)
judi
Banned
 
Videocard: GTX1050/4gb
Processor: AMD Phenom
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Thermaltake 500w
Default 07-18-2017, 11:27 | posts: 10

it will get more drop after they release 1080Ti
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1259)
fantaskarsef
Ancient Guru
 
fantaskarsef's Avatar
 
Videocard: 1080Ti @h2o
Processor: 5930K @h2o
Mainboard: R5E @h2o
Memory: Ripjaws 32GB DDR4
Soundcard: ALC1150
PSU: AX 1200i
Default 07-18-2017, 11:47 | posts: 6,800 | Location: Austria (no kangaroos here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by judi View Post
it will get more drop after they release 1080Ti
As each post requires more letters, here what I wanted to post:

?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1260)
Witcher29
Maha Guru
 
Witcher29's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X SLI
Processor: 5930k + H110i GTX
Mainboard: MSI X99 GODLIKE
Memory: 64 GB LPX @ 2133
Soundcard: SoundBlaster X7
PSU: Corsair AX 1500
Default 07-18-2017, 13:32 | posts: 822 | Location: Netherlands

U guys are ruining your GPU,s this way, anyway enjoy all your gtx 1080 ti.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1261)
fantaskarsef
Ancient Guru
 
fantaskarsef's Avatar
 
Videocard: 1080Ti @h2o
Processor: 5930K @h2o
Mainboard: R5E @h2o
Memory: Ripjaws 32GB DDR4
Soundcard: ALC1150
PSU: AX 1200i
Default 07-18-2017, 13:43 | posts: 6,800 | Location: Austria (no kangaroos here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witcher29 View Post
U guys are ruining your GPU,s this way, anyway enjoy all your gtx 1080 ti.
Why's that? Because of the increased degradation they claimed for Pascal and above 1.1v? (Got to love posts with no clarification of what you actually mean )
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1262)
Mufflore
Ancient Guru
 
Mufflore's Avatar
 
Videocard: 1080ti @2GHz+ air silent!
Processor: 6700K @4.6GHz
Mainboard: Maximus VIII Hero
Memory: 16GB LPX 3000 @3600
Soundcard: UMC-1, TL+Ribbon spks
PSU: Corsair AX750
Default 07-18-2017, 13:53 | posts: 10,209 | Location: United states of Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witcher29 View Post
U guys are ruining your GPU,s this way, anyway enjoy all your gtx 1080 ti.
How so?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1263)
GeniusPr0
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: Aorus 1080 Ti Xtreme
Processor: AMD 1700 3.95Ghz
Mainboard: MSI B350M Gaming Pro
Memory: 16GB 3200Mhz
Soundcard: Logitech Z-2300 + onboard
PSU: 700W
Default 07-19-2017, 00:31 | posts: 1,191 | Location: Toronto

Off the reference 1080 TI, it's useless without a shunt mod. In the test 2 of Timespy, it would throttle to 1830Mhz due to 300W limit. Undervolting helps, but it's not enough. These cards are maxing around 133% power usage over 250W near 2088Mhz undervolted. No longer do I have that issue
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1264)
A M D BugBear
Maha Guru
 
A M D BugBear's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2 1080ti h20 w/XOC Bios
Processor: Dual Xeon E5-2678@2.9-3.4
Mainboard: Asus d10pe-d8 ws
Memory: 64GB Samsung 2133@2205
Soundcard: SOUNDBLASTER X-FI(USB)
PSU: Dual Psu-1200W/760W Srail
Default 07-19-2017, 16:12 | posts: 2,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusPr0 View Post
Off the reference 1080 TI, it's useless without a shunt mod. In the test 2 of Timespy, it would throttle to 1830Mhz due to 300W limit. Undervolting helps, but it's not enough. These cards are maxing around 133% power usage over 250W near 2088Mhz undervolted. No longer do I have that issue
LOL, If you want to make 100% sure that the card never ever throttles down, used an old game, 4k maxed out including aa, then use nvidia inspector enhance aa 32xS.

If it doesn't throttle down when using firestrike ultra, timespy, doesn't mean its 100% Solid it will not throttle down, despite 32xS is mainly for benchmark only, cause of its devastating/Tremendous Performance Drop and the amount of current/Heat,etc to the gpu's and the VRM'S!!!

The following AA bits will work for the most part:

Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing
Diablo III
Killing floor

I have xoc bios on both cards along with 2 psu's, Even with 32xS + 8XAA within the game, 4k, maxed out, @ 2025mhz, +750 on memory, NO THROTTLING DOWN AT ALL, NONE.

I would strongly advise anyone against it unless you have at least perhaps a 1600w/single rail psu and willing to take risks, my single rail seasonic 1200w gold gave up on both cards while doing the 32xS test, not the default firestrike ultra test, firestrike ultra is a complete baby compared to doing the 32xS, literally don't stand a chance, Shoot, I even made a video on the ultimate return of 3dmark 03 @ 4k Maxed out with enhance AA 32xS, It destroyed my 2 980ti Hybrids, Overclocked!!, A 14 year old program Literally destroyed 2 980ti's, That is ALOT. It is the ultimate IQ, and it is the ultimate bench testing(Depending on game) to really put the card to its knees and to make sure the card is really stable at the same time, Absolute brutal setting, Special care MUST be taken please, 8Xsgssaa + 8Xmsaa Or higher quality setting is nothing to be played around with, be absolutely prepared for your gpu's to run MUCH hotter with ALOT more current, Be absolutely Careful with these settings.

Firestrike Ultra(Default)settings, ran about mid 40 c on temps, now with my special program, Lost planet(1st) one, 4k(2400p) maxed out, +32xS enhance, Over 60c on the gpu's, and well over 60'c on the vrms, Clearly based on the monitoring graphs, it is without no doubt, the hottest temps I have ever seen while testing, Puts firestrike ultra to shame, but even if it was maxed out on settings, still wouldn't come close to 32xS, not even close.

Put it this way, If I have the gpu @ -50 w/32xS, about couple seconds into the performance test, the system will restart automatically, now even @ -170 on the gpu, its ALOT more stable but sooner or later it will give up, thats about in the low 1800's mhz range, now with the dual Psu Configuration, even at +50 on the gpu, and +750 mem(And memory can also make your gpu throttle down), the GPU's Never Throttle's down at all, Went through the test with perfect stability, 100% clean, no hiccups, no freeze, hangs, no nothing, and best of all, lol, no shunt mod needed, If anyone is looking to make sure your sli 1080ti NEVER throttles down WITHOUT doing the shunt mod, And Loves CRAZY CRAZY A$$ settings such as myself, THIS IS IT, fars I know, XOC BIOS And a very very strong psu or a dual psu configuration is the only Alternative that I am aware of at this time and the most safest, since the 2nd psu going to the 2nd gpu will feed the power that it needs.

LOL Shunt mod along with xoc bios, phew, Now, thats a different story, muahaha, probably someone has already done it, probably killed their gpu's and or psu. That is ALOT of current, ALOT!

Thought my 1080ti wasn't going to turn this way after bios modding, etc.

My last 2 980ti hybrids was never like this, these 1080ti, once bios modded, is a totally different world, Thought was going to be roughly the same ball park, NOPE.

I'll be working on some videos on my 980ti vs 1080 thread, so check that forum. I might be posting some videos later on today, be on the look out for it, Trying to get couple today.

Link to my other thread:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=414461

And oh, Madonion(Now known as Futuremark), FTW!!

UPDATE:

I only had Very Very slight Throttling, ONLY because of the temps, sometimes it will go throttle down when its over 49, others over 46c. It will go done a notch, if it stays within range, It will stay within that overclocked speed, and boy, over here, It is Humid like crazy, Even with AC blasted to 60f in the room, and a Stinkin' HUGE!! Face fan Blowing towards the gpu's, I also got another fan, a 140mm fan that I used on my last 2 980ti to help cool the vrm heatsinks, although the placement of the heatsink is not on the side anymore, I just leave it there and help cool the gpu's down, and still, hot as hell in here.

I might want to do some benches later on during the night where its cool, this is crazy.

Last edited by A M D BugBear; 07-19-2017 at 20:15.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1265)
GeniusPr0
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: Aorus 1080 Ti Xtreme
Processor: AMD 1700 3.95Ghz
Mainboard: MSI B350M Gaming Pro
Memory: 16GB 3200Mhz
Soundcard: Logitech Z-2300 + onboard
PSU: 700W
Default 07-19-2017, 22:32 | posts: 1,191 | Location: Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M D BugBear View Post
LOL, If you want to make 100% sure that the card never ever throttles down, used an old game, 4k maxed out including aa, then use nvidia inspector enhance aa 32xS.

If it doesn't throttle down when using firestrike ultra, timespy, doesn't mean its 100% Solid it will not throttle down, despite 32xS is mainly for benchmark only, cause of its devastating/Tremendous Performance Drop and the amount of current/Heat,etc to the gpu's and the VRM'S!!!

The following AA bits will work for the most part:

Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing
Diablo III
Killing floor

I have xoc bios on both cards along with 2 psu's, Even with 32xS + 8XAA within the game, 4k, maxed out, @ 2025mhz, +750 on memory, NO THROTTLING DOWN AT ALL, NONE.

I would strongly advise anyone against it unless you have at least perhaps a 1600w/single rail psu and willing to take risks, my single rail seasonic 1200w gold gave up on both cards while doing the 32xS test, not the default firestrike ultra test, firestrike ultra is a complete baby compared to doing the 32xS, literally don't stand a chance, Shoot, I even made a video on the ultimate return of 3dmark 03 @ 4k Maxed out with enhance AA 32xS, It destroyed my 2 980ti Hybrids, Overclocked!!, A 14 year old program Literally destroyed 2 980ti's, That is ALOT. It is the ultimate IQ, and it is the ultimate bench testing(Depending on game) to really put the card to its knees and to make sure the card is really stable at the same time, Absolute brutal setting, Special care MUST be taken please, 8Xsgssaa + 8Xmsaa Or higher quality setting is nothing to be played around with, be absolutely prepared for your gpu's to run MUCH hotter with ALOT more current, Be absolutely Careful with these settings.

Firestrike Ultra(Default)settings, ran about mid 40 c on temps, now with my special program, Lost planet(1st) one, 4k(2400p) maxed out, +32xS enhance, Over 60c on the gpu's, and well over 60'c on the vrms, Clearly based on the monitoring graphs, it is without no doubt, the hottest temps I have ever seen while testing, Puts firestrike ultra to shame, but even if it was maxed out on settings, still wouldn't come close to 32xS, not even close.

Put it this way, If I have the gpu @ -50 w/32xS, about couple seconds into the performance test, the system will restart automatically, now even @ -170 on the gpu, its ALOT more stable but sooner or later it will give up, thats about in the low 1800's mhz range, now with the dual Psu Configuration, even at +50 on the gpu, and +750 mem(And memory can also make your gpu throttle down), the GPU's Never Throttle's down at all, Went through the test with perfect stability, 100% clean, no hiccups, no freeze, hangs, no nothing, and best of all, lol, no shunt mod needed, If anyone is looking to make sure your sli 1080ti NEVER throttles down WITHOUT doing the shunt mod, And Loves CRAZY CRAZY A$$ settings such as myself, THIS IS IT, fars I know, XOC BIOS And a very very strong psu or a dual psu configuration is the only Alternative that I am aware of at this time and the most safest, since the 2nd psu going to the 2nd gpu will feed the power that it needs.

LOL Shunt mod along with xoc bios, phew, Now, thats a different story, muahaha, probably someone has already done it, probably killed their gpu's and or psu. That is ALOT of current, ALOT!

Thought my 1080ti wasn't going to turn this way after bios modding, etc.

My last 2 980ti hybrids was never like this, these 1080ti, once bios modded, is a totally different world, Thought was going to be roughly the same ball park, NOPE.

I'll be working on some videos on my 980ti vs 1080 thread, so check that forum. I might be posting some videos later on today, be on the look out for it, Trying to get couple today.

Link to my other thread:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=414461

And oh, Madonion(Now known as Futuremark), FTW!!

UPDATE:

I only had Very Very slight Throttling, ONLY because of the temps, sometimes it will go throttle down when its over 49, others over 46c. It will go done a notch, if it stays within range, It will stay within that overclocked speed, and boy, over here, It is Humid like crazy, Even with AC blasted to 60f in the room, and a Stinkin' HUGE!! Face fan Blowing towards the gpu's, I also got another fan, a 140mm fan that I used on my last 2 980ti to help cool the vrm heatsinks, although the placement of the heatsink is not on the side anymore, I just leave it there and help cool the gpu's down, and still, hot as hell in here.

I might want to do some benches later on during the night where its cool, this is crazy.
That seems a bit excessive, I only care about the things that I run. 375W should be enough. My card can do 2.1Ghz+. I'm not seeing throttling, so I'm happy.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1266)
A M D BugBear
Maha Guru
 
A M D BugBear's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2 1080ti h20 w/XOC Bios
Processor: Dual Xeon E5-2678@2.9-3.4
Mainboard: Asus d10pe-d8 ws
Memory: 64GB Samsung 2133@2205
Soundcard: SOUNDBLASTER X-FI(USB)
PSU: Dual Psu-1200W/760W Srail
Default 07-20-2017, 03:17 | posts: 2,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusPr0 View Post
That seems a bit excessive, I only care about the things that I run. 375W should be enough. My card can do 2.1Ghz+. I'm not seeing throttling, so I'm happy.
Ok, My Bad, I am referring to 2 1080ti's, not one, there is a HUGE difference in the throttling dept. once you go to 1 gpu to 2, Tremendous difference.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1267)
GeniusPr0
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: Aorus 1080 Ti Xtreme
Processor: AMD 1700 3.95Ghz
Mainboard: MSI B350M Gaming Pro
Memory: 16GB 3200Mhz
Soundcard: Logitech Z-2300 + onboard
PSU: 700W
Default 07-20-2017, 05:00 | posts: 1,191 | Location: Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M D BugBear View Post
Ok, My Bad, I am referring to 2 1080ti's, not one, there is a HUGE difference in the throttling dept. once you go to 1 gpu to 2, Tremendous difference.
So, my card actually does throttle in Test 2 of Timespy @ 2140Mhz 1.081v (haven't tried lower voltage) I saw power usage reach 149%which makes an overclocked 1080 Ti a 400W card

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/2095140
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1268)
A M D BugBear
Maha Guru
 
A M D BugBear's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2 1080ti h20 w/XOC Bios
Processor: Dual Xeon E5-2678@2.9-3.4
Mainboard: Asus d10pe-d8 ws
Memory: 64GB Samsung 2133@2205
Soundcard: SOUNDBLASTER X-FI(USB)
PSU: Dual Psu-1200W/760W Srail
Default 07-20-2017, 22:20 | posts: 2,502

Oh the settings I was talking to you all about, 32xS, forget to add, on top of that, 8xSGSSAA!!!

32xS = (2x2ss or aka 4Xogssaa + 8xMSAA)

So on top of that

8XSGSSAA!!. Just for clarification.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1269)
Mars73
Newbie
 
Videocard: Gigabyte AORUS GTX1080Ti
Processor: Intel Core i5-6400
Mainboard: MSI B150 Gaming M3
Memory: DDR4-2133MHz 16GB
Soundcard: Schiit Modi2 Uber/Asgard2
PSU: Antec VPF 450
Default 07-22-2017, 20:00 | posts: 20

Just wanted to say I'm part of the 1080Ti family. Happy!
Running fine so far on a 450W PSU, tested a few games for a while and also heaven bench. (not planning on overclocking, otherwise I suspect the PSU will be running on his heels).
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1270)
StarvinMarvinDK
Maha Guru
 
StarvinMarvinDK's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI 1080Ti FE
Processor: I7 6700K @ 4500Mhz 1.295V
Mainboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Memory: 16GB Corsair 3200Mhz DDR4
Soundcard: Asus Strix Soar KRK Rokit
PSU: EVGA Supernova 750G2
Default 07-22-2017, 23:11 | posts: 1,266 | Location: Denmark

Welcome
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1271)
Singleton99
Master Guru
 
Singleton99's Avatar
 
Videocard: Giga Aorus Xtreme 1080TI
Processor: i7 6700k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z170X-GAMING 7
Memory: 16g DDR4 2666mhz Fury
Soundcard: S/Blaster Recon3D PCIE
PSU: Super Flower 1200w Plat
Default 07-23-2017, 16:17 | posts: 784 | Location: UK England

Hi Guys

I have about 700 Uk to spend as i don't want to spend anymore than that really .
I was thinking about a EVGA 1080Ti SC Black Edition GAMING ICX @ 709
Would this be the best choice in this price range in the UK.

Do you think its worth hanging on to see what AMD Vega brings ? as my monitors supports freesync which would be a plus ,however with the rumours of 1080 like performance i dont see this as enough to drive a 1440p 144hz monitor ,and i would be better off with the 1080ti .

Cheers
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1272)
A M D BugBear
Maha Guru
 
A M D BugBear's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2 1080ti h20 w/XOC Bios
Processor: Dual Xeon E5-2678@2.9-3.4
Mainboard: Asus d10pe-d8 ws
Memory: 64GB Samsung 2133@2205
Soundcard: SOUNDBLASTER X-FI(USB)
PSU: Dual Psu-1200W/760W Srail
Default 07-23-2017, 17:33 | posts: 2,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singleton99 View Post
Hi Guys

I have about 700 Uk to spend as i don't want to spend anymore than that really .
I was thinking about a EVGA 1080Ti SC Black Edition GAMING ICX @ 709
Would this be the best choice in this price range in the UK.

Do you think its worth hanging on to see what AMD Vega brings ? as my monitors supports freesync which would be a plus ,however with the rumours of 1080 like performance i dont see this as enough to drive a 1440p 144hz monitor ,and i would be better off with the 1080ti .

Cheers

At this point, I would just grab a 1080ti AIO(watercooled), but that would be me, I am Always yawwwwwwwwwwwwwning at the vega, I AM STILL WAITING for its release, its way overdue, especially at this time, I am Still YAWWWWWNING!!!

I have very high hopes for vega, however, If I were you, Instead of sitting there and waiting, waiting, and WAITING for vega, pickup an 1080ti hybrid, you won't be disappointed.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1273)
Singleton99
Master Guru
 
Singleton99's Avatar
 
Videocard: Giga Aorus Xtreme 1080TI
Processor: i7 6700k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z170X-GAMING 7
Memory: 16g DDR4 2666mhz Fury
Soundcard: S/Blaster Recon3D PCIE
PSU: Super Flower 1200w Plat
Default 07-23-2017, 18:32 | posts: 784 | Location: UK England

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M D BugBear View Post
At this point, I would just grab a 1080ti AIO(watercooled), but that would be me, I am Always yawwwwwwwwwwwwwning at the vega, I AM STILL WAITING for its release, its way overdue, especially at this time, I am Still YAWWWWWNING!!!

I have very high hopes for vega, however, If I were you, Instead of sitting there and waiting, waiting, and WAITING for vega, pickup an 1080ti hybrid, you won't be disappointed.
Thanks for your advice ,but i think a AIO is just out of budget for me atm.

The only reason for me hanging on for Vega is the freesync , i've had my monitor a couple of years but still haven't used freesync yet awww only because AMD haven't had a GPU with capable performance to drive my monitor.

Been looking at the Gigabyte Aurora this afternoon and reviews looking good , i can get one for 727.99 from Scan Computers so might go for that over the EVGA Black as it looks like the Gigabyte has better load temperatures and higher boost clock .
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1274)
A M D BugBear
Maha Guru
 
A M D BugBear's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2 1080ti h20 w/XOC Bios
Processor: Dual Xeon E5-2678@2.9-3.4
Mainboard: Asus d10pe-d8 ws
Memory: 64GB Samsung 2133@2205
Soundcard: SOUNDBLASTER X-FI(USB)
PSU: Dual Psu-1200W/760W Srail
Default 07-23-2017, 18:53 | posts: 2,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singleton99 View Post
Thanks for your advice ,but i think a AIO is just out of budget for me atm.

The only reason for me hanging on for Vega is the freesync , i've had my monitor a couple of years but still haven't used freesync yet awww only because AMD haven't had a GPU with capable performance to drive my monitor.

Been looking at the Gigabyte Aurora this afternoon and reviews looking good , i can get one for 727.99 from Scan Computers so might go for that over the EVGA Black as it looks like the Gigabyte has better load temperatures and higher boost clock .
your 2 980ti sli is still a beast, I would modify your bios, tweak the crap out of your card, granted, it wont be fast as a 1080ti, even if it was clock for clock, which I personally tested on my own time, gpu speed speaking, however, the 980ti is still one beastly card no doubt, however, if your going into the extremes of high settings and resolution such as my self, you will be needing the extra vram where the 980ti is lacking, therefore, If your going insanely high settings and resolution, I would personally go for the 1080ti, if your going to stick with the vram usage or under, I would stick with your 2 980ti sli, still performs very nicely, check out my thread I made here:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=414461
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#1275)
Singleton99
Master Guru
 
Singleton99's Avatar
 
Videocard: Giga Aorus Xtreme 1080TI
Processor: i7 6700k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z170X-GAMING 7
Memory: 16g DDR4 2666mhz Fury
Soundcard: S/Blaster Recon3D PCIE
PSU: Super Flower 1200w Plat
Default 07-23-2017, 19:16 | posts: 784 | Location: UK England

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M D BugBear View Post
your 2 980ti sli is still a beast, I would modify your bios, tweak the crap out of your card, granted, it wont be fast as a 1080ti, even if it was clock for clock, which I personally tested on my own time, gpu speed speaking, however, the 980ti is still one beastly card no doubt, however, if your going into the extremes of high settings and resolution such as my self, you will be needing the extra vram where the 980ti is lacking, therefore, If your going insanely high settings and resolution, I would personally go for the 1080ti, if your going to stick with the vram usage or under, I would stick with your 2 980ti sli, still performs very nicely, check out my thread I made here:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=414461
Yes ive read your threads earlier today as it happens and enjoyed reading ,good work .

As for keeping my two 980ti's it's a bit late as there now sold this week thanks to ebay,

So it's definitely looking like the 1080ti for me now just a case of which one and i'm leaning towards the Gigabyte Aurora which is the max i'm looking at spending this time around ,not going SLI again which will be the first time in years and save myself a few hundred quid .
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 2017, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.