Problems with Sharp Rd3D Laptop

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by 3drendrr, Oct 2, 2006.

1. 3drendrr

3drendrr New Member

I am concerned that this little toy has no spunk when it comes to realtime conversion as well as rendering capabilities all with a Ge=force4 Go nVidia Graphics card. It is extremely outdated and I am wondering if there is a way to drop a new card into this laptop. Or am I just spinning my wheels. I would love to turbo charge the laptop but I am afraid that all it will be good for shortly is for display purposes. One thing that really pissed me off about this unit was its total inability to work away from AC. I mean that this thing slows down and crashes within one minute of being taken away from the ? plug! What type of advantage can I have with a laptop this limited. It is only a month old and I am wondering if it is the battery, or do I have a lemon or what? Also, I know that I am reaching out as if the whole world revolves around me on this website, but I am just exhausted carrying all of this myself. Sharp has no support to speak of , I mean none that is valuable. Also, what about the patch and the soft Quadro. It sounds kind of retarded. Does it work?

2. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
    You cannot upgrade the GPU. An inability to work when not plugged in usually indicates a problem with the battery. If the laptop is only one month old you should probably take advantage of any warranty that is still in effect. There is no Quadro softmod available for the GeForce4 Go 440.