AMD Fluid Motion Video

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Clawedge, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Remember this

[​IMG]

has it been implemented? if so how does one enable it, and is it specific to a particular player (like mpc or wmp)

and is it accelerated by the gpu portion or cpu portion?

2. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    Looks like it's not user configurable and only works in Cyberlink PowerDVD.

From here given the date of the article that next update has probably been released already.

3. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    well thats useless then. thanks anyway D-mouse. looks like i have to look for some other means of frame interpolation.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

5. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    yes thats the one i have been playing with for the past week or so but y GT520 is pooping itself. it just cant handle 1080p vids at acceptable quality levels. i might have to upgrade it, but really prefer to get a standalone media player (USB ones) which can do it on a hardware level cos this software version is just too power hungry.

i mean if i set up a 50 inch LCD screen and a pc dedicated to just interpolate the frames, then power consumption will be way too high.

i will see how svp goes, still needs more playing around for now

6. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
  7. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    thanks but i would prefer real time, just play feature. i am looking into svp, but for now splash pro ex will do

8. 0655

0655 Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE
    PowerDVD 14 v4401 beta support Fluid Motion Video.
    http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/39708.page
    Release note:
    1. Adds support for AMD Fluid Motion Video, making Blu-ray playback visually smoother.
    2. Resolves the issue that there is no audio output when bit streaming non-decoded DTS-HD audio over HDMI.
    3. Enhances the visual viewing quality of photos.
    4. Enhances the media library browsing experience and provides faster thumbnail loading.
    5. Resolves crash issues reported by the CyberLink Issue Reporter.

9. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I can't enable it ,, watching Godzilla Blueray it's disabled grayed

It's only for A-series ?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It only works on AMD hardware.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    HD7970 is "AMD hardware".... So, he should be able to enable it unless it requires an AMD CPU/APU.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    SOrry for the confusion. I meant it only works on AMD A Series

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Well, that sucks. Seems like there's a bit of neglect for AMD's other APUs....

14. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Does this just apply to movies? I will be getting the A10 7850k hopefully next week kinda curious to try this.

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    As far as I am aware it only applies to Blu-rays and HD content. Like home videos.

16. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    It works on A10 7850k iam hoping? Iam buying mine in 2 days time.But obviously not for the fluid bs.So it makes movies look better in plain english?

17. Jeff R 1

Jeff R 1 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 760
    I've been trying to find out as much as I can about this subject and according to a post over at Cyberlinks forum, it doesn't have to be an AMD processor.

Korrigan is running an i7 with a R9 290x and he is able to get AMD Motion Flow to work.
    I've contacted AMD directly and asked them what video cards enable this feature, but I am still waiting for an answer.

I would give you the link to the post, but I can't yet, so if you go to Cyberlinks forum, Power DVD14 and look for the post titled:

My own little review of "AMD Fluid Motion Video" in PDVD

You can view it then.

18. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Cool,thanks for the info jeff.ill be getting my Kaveri hopefully tommorow but after just reading the INTEL haswell e review I just wanna cry!8 cores,16 threads with H/T my god! You get all that goodness for a mere $1000 pocket change huh? We just got SMASHED by Intel, iam not a happy camper today.

I hope Amd can release something soon, the Intel scored 18.55 in cinbench thats more then Double what my old Fx 9370 scored at 5ghz.

19. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Not to get off topic iam just hoping Amd can bounce back with something soon we are losing this war really fast, at least in the high-end segment.We need something that can at least compete at the mid-range level in order to stay in the game.Were doing ok with entry level Apus but at this rate I dont think we can Ever catch up to Intel!

Theres supposed to be some new K12 cpu Amd is quote on quote working on but bye the time thats released Intel will be way way ahead of us, like they are currently.Sucks to be an Amd guy these days?

20. Jeff R 1

Jeff R 1 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 760
    All I want to do is enable Fluid Motion for my HTPC, so blowing upwards of a grand for Intel's latest and greatest isn't necessary.
    I tried SVP and because it's so power hungry I built my system with a i7 4770k and an MSI gaming board as well as way too much memory just for an HTPC.
    It turns it it was still driving the system to the max on high settings and it wasn't much better then the frame interpolation feature on my Panasonic projector.
    My only gripe about that is that it has the occasional artifacts on fast moving small objects.
    eg. At the beginning of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" there are some planes over head that the algorithm can't deal with and I get this doubling-tripling effect on the image.
    I don't know if Fluid Motion will deal with that, but I would be willing to find out even If I had to spend 3 or 400.00 bucks on a new card.
    However I don't want to get into a new processor and MoBo just to satisfy my curiosity.

Edit
    It also looks like the function is enabled with the AMD video card and the "R" series ones at that, but that's just a guess based on Korrigan's post over at Cyberlink and X7007's post here on this forum who is running an older 7970 series.
    I've contacted both "Sapphire" and "AMD" directly to find out what it takes to enable Fluid Motion and haven't heard anything from them in a number of days now.
    It looks like I may have to go out and buy a card just to find out. :confused:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014