What gaming laptops are tried and true?

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by BrightSideSC, Sep 26, 2013.

1. BrightSideSC

BrightSideSC Guest

GPU:
    blank
    I know I just posted about what laptop cooler to get, but that got me thinking... I need a new laptop pretty soon too.

I don't want any smaller than a 17" screen, and I will need one that will run the Adobe Creative suite (I use cs5, but will upgrade soon) Specifically I need one powerful enough to run PremierPro without completely taxing the processor.

I do a lot of gaming (starcraft2, skyrim, etc...) as well, so I'm also looking for a good graphics card that can support at least 2 monitors.

Why not just build a PC? I travel a lot, and I want something that can go anywhere with me.

---

As a side note, I will need something that I can carry it in which offers a lot of protection and space to double as a carry-on for additional 'stuff' ... like the laptop cooler, a mouse, keyboard, etc.

Anyone have one of the Rosewill laptop backpacks? I've seen some good reviews on them and just looking for another opinion from someone who may have actually purchased one. (I'm looking to get one of those because they seem like a good price)

ANYWAY -
    pros an cons of laptops would be great, and especially from ppl who own them already.

Thanks!!!!

2. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
  3. junkyjunk

junkyjunk Guest

GPU:
  4. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    From what I understand, the GT70's series from MSI has a heat issue where it is throttling the GTX 780M. If you're looking for something with a GTX 780M in it, I would suggest going with a ASUS G750JH. If you're looking for more portability, the MSI GS 70 Stealth is the thinnest gaming laptop made atm, and has a GTX 765M in it.

5. junkyjunk

junkyjunk Guest

GPU:
    like almost every other GTX 770M/780M laptop..

6. naskdn

naskdn Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M
    Agreed, go for a Y510P

7. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
  8. EvoHavok

EvoHavok Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 770M 3 GB
  9. Zax19

Zax19 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 650M/2GB
    For carrying around I'd suggest something more durable and lighter, for example HP ProBook 470 or Samsung 770Z7E.

10. pedja doktor

pedja doktor Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7640g+7670m 2gb
    If you're good with cash and want lap top for gaming particuraly then I agree with Vxheous the G750 SX or JH ,it is a monster with 36gb of ram....and you will be satisfied for the next few years at least.

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Why don't you have a look at a 17inch version of my laptops specs? see sig. e.g. Clevo p170 or equivalent.

The GTX 680m is still a lovely gfx card and is better than the 770m.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Preview-Asus-G750JX-Notebook.93319.0.html

I use my p150em on top of a cooler Master Notepal U3 (3 fans on max), closed windows in small bedroom (hate dust) in UK hot weather along with a 28" monitor right behind it and it doesn't crash. Solid performance and stability.

12. Polinator

Polinator Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
    well Asus G750JX is a good one~

13. EvilM

EvilM Guest

GPU:
    XFX 280
    i personally have Asus G75VW, friend bought it last year, and soled to me 2 months ago. He bought G750 series. so recap i just LOVE IT. if you travel a lot and lot of ppl complained to me why not pc you could build that this bla bla. yes i know i can build High end pc. but i can't carry around pc :(, tho this was my choice, it's fun to see when i'm in plain and land 700km's from home i can play games, or edit video, or what ever. I would recommend G75 ( tho it's older) or his new brother G750.