Strange GPU problem.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Misfitskid, Feb 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Misfitskid

Misfitskid Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6950 1GB
    I'm having an extremely odd problem with my GPU (I'm guessing) where it shows, I don't know how to explain it, very pixellated dots on certain parts of the screen. It does this in quite a few games such as RIFT, Skyrim, SWTOR, Kingdoms of Amalur, MW3, and quite a few others. (Suprisingly not BF3)

I'm using an AMD HD6950 1GB, screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 and I have no overclocks on it. Also I've tried changing the refresh rate of my monitor, uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers using ccleaner and driver sweeper, turning all settings from as high as they can go to as low and vice versa.

http://youtu.be/krYdEjzPXYE is the link to the video of what is going on, can best see it on 1080p.

If anyone knows what to do I'd be most grateful, this is driving me insane -.-'.

2. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!

It happened to me after installing the latest beta drivers 12.3 and 12.2 previews... especially on skyrim.
    Solution? Uninstall drivers and re-install 12.1 version from catalyst website.

3. Misfitskid

Misfitskid Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6950 1GB
    Nah I had tried that also, I did end up fixing it by doing a complete reformat (which it needed doing anyway). Thanks though :).

4. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    That is ****ed up. Lucky you that you needed a reformat !
    I solved it by reinstalling older drivers quite easily !

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've found that the easiest way to have problems....is by running driver sweeper.

6. Crucible

Crucible Guest

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 4090 OC
    It looks like something screwed up with the AF settings.

7. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    With new drivers it may be, with older drivers it was, sometimes, necessary.