Can someone explain what my android's kernel means?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by death_samurai, May 9, 2012.

1. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I just bought a samsung N7000 and it's my very first android phone last week so i'm totally new to android.

Can someone explain what this info means.

Phone's kernel:

2.6.35.7-N7000DXLC2-CL1039404

Baseband version is N7000DXLC1.

On android 2.3.6

Seems like my phone cannot be rooted.

Is this too complicated for this forum?

2. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    you're running LC1/2 which is the latest gingerbread update (as far as i know of) available for the galaxy note. mine's running the same version, except mine is XX, which is european version.

your phone should still be rootable though, cant see why it wouldnt be unless the previous owner of the device screwed up the flashing process.

here's a link to an old one click root, see if it works? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1329360

the ICS versions are LP1-6 iirc, but i would recommend using the kernel in CM9 since thats the only one that doesnt seem to result in a hard brick.

3. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    if you are on gingerbread then you have to downgrade to the firmware before, because you cant route gingerbread. you have to downgrade, then root phone, then upgrade back to ginger and it should stay rooted.

the other option is to upgrade ice cream sandwich then root from there. but personally i dont like ics. it looks plainer than ginger plus the wi-fi slow to start and itv player is not working.

WARNING: rooting your phone can brick it so read your guides very carefully. i bricked my arc s the other day but i managed to restore it (phew). so be very carefull.

4. ibitato

ibitato Guest

[​IMG]

5. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

My phone is totally new. It's cos on XDA forum they mentioned my kernel cannot be directly rooted and you need to downgrade it and of course i found that silly.

6. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    not too sure what youre trying to say, but you can root gingerbread.

you cant downgrade a galaxy note to the firmware before gingerbread because the only firmwares available for the galaxy note are gingerbread and ice cream sandwich. the note launched with 2.3.5, and its rootable at 2.3.5/2.3.6.

ICS on the galaxy note is more or less the same as gingerbread with a few cosmetic changes here and there, and some of the improved ICS features such as improved multitasking and improved browser, plus the benefits of kernel 3.0.

official ICS has just become available for some of the european notes (sadly mine is using the firmware from the polish plus carrier so i'll either have to wait or flash to a generic official rom and update from there).

LC1 should be rootable, i havent read any info on xda recently, but i dont see why it wouldnt be rootable.

Last edited: May 11, 2012