Destiny

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 17, 2013.

1. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well that last IB was a bit better than the last, at least. The change to Clash was a thing, not sure if it was actually better than Control, but at least the games were faster and more close. Exp and drop rates were much better and thanks to that I got from 298 to 305 from armor pieces, but was very unlucky with weapon drops – three of the same damn hand cannons with only 280 light a crap perks.

But the biggest problem by far and away, were the sunbreaker titans. Again! I’m really baffled how Bungie can fine tune weapon balance sometimes with 0.5 percent, but can’t see the elephant in the room. They really need to at least shorten the duration of that super. It is not normal to last 25 seconds and have like 7-8 hammers, that one hit kill from a great range and heal you on top of that. Compare that to any other super – golden gun = 3 shots, shadow shot 1-3 shots and so on. So many games I lost, because just before the end two titans of the enemy team used their supers and wiped our team twice. I managed to kill a titan in their super a few times, only because I was far away and shot him 3 or 4 times in the head, only to die from his last hammer. Unbelievable…

I think I’ll be taking a break from this game for a while. At least until the next balance patch next month, that curiously did not include any changes to sunbreaks in the preview notes…

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Not only that, but there are times where you nail a Sunbreaker titan in the face while Hammer of Sol is active using a Shadow Shot, and it doesn't even kill him, and on top of that, you're dead by the time you can fire off another, and he's out of range of the shadowshot to stop his super.

I didn't even play this last IB. Too busy with Black Ops 3 right now, and i should really start playing my PS4 again. Still have Tales of Zestiria to play through, too.

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I bought the the complete Taken king disc, and at the same time i bought Diablo 3 for the PC, and destiny has still be unwrapped.

Sorry Bungie but Diablo 3 is still King, but don't be sad, you still got my cash. ;)

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I still run the Kings Fall raid once or twice a week. But that is all I do now.

6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Haven’t played the game for more than two months now due to the lack of content or incentive to get to higher light levels. Also I don’t have a group to do the raid and that’s the only thing that can still be interesting. For this reason I haven’t renewed my PS+ subscription. It is not worth it only for the random urge to play some PvP. Still I may renew it now that they are implementing PvP modes only for solo players along with other MP changes and the February event (and to get the free Helldivers game too :p).

All in all with no major expansions on the way and the delay of Destiny 2, combined with the lack of any meaningful PvE events and very questionable balance changes, I’m pretty disappointed. Bungie really needs to up their game in the near future and also to realize that this is not a PvP only game. There are a lot of players that are much more interested in the PvE.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    You should try The Division mate.

8. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I preordered it and played the beta. Still mixed opinion, though. It's fun, but unless there's a LOT of side quests or something to do, I imagine it'll pretty much turn into Destiny in no time... Spending a lot of time in the Dark Zone.

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The Dark Zone can be a lot of fun with a few players. The only concerns would be how boring it will become after a week or two. The game shows a lot of promise though. Ubisoft are doing everything they can to please the playerbase even before the game is released.

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Wrong thread? :p

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    My fault for mentioning it in the first place. The reason I did was because both games are very slimier. Ubisoft claims to have learned lessons from how Destiny has been shaped of the last year. The only difference being the full single player story with The Division.

12. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I did play the beta of The Division a bit, but I’m not sold. Yes it is loot based shooter with quite a lot of similarities with Destiny, but the pure gameplay and action lack the excitement that Destiny has. Running from cover to cover all the time and shooting people in hoodies cannot be compared to the verticality, frantic action and the satisfaction and feedback of headshoting aliens. As you said it looks like it will get boring after a few weeks. Maybe I will get if later down the line when I can get some, if not all of the DLCs ala The Taken King.

Let’s not derail the thread to Destiny vs Division, even though it is sad that this is the only thing that can be said about Destiny ATM…

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    To be honest I don't think Destiny has anything else left to offer. Which isn't any surprise given that they are working in a sequel. Will it ever get finish before they run out of money? That's the worrying part for me.

14. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    A big update and a new expansion have been announced. Let’s see how that will turn out. I’m all for new PvE content, but given past few DLCs, I’m weary of the actual price to content ratio they offer.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44353

15. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    Hoping the best, but i'm not holding my breath. Atleast we now know why they were so silent about the future, because Activision. I thought there were nothing at all coming in terms of actual content. Spring update is probably re-release of old raids/PoE, which could be good if executed properly.

16. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Really hate how my PS4 seems to NEVER want to download or install updates while it's in sleep mode. And yes... the option is on.

17. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    Destiny allways required you to start the game for updates to start downloading. Which sucks.

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Well I have to say the April update is pretty poor... Some nice new features but the new missions last all of 20 minutes and the strike is literally a repeat of one of the original games story missions with the addition of the taken, easily the worst strike in the game so far.

It's nice to be visiting The Prison of Elders again but there really isn't anything significantly new here to make you keep playing.

19. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    This game ****ed me off age's ago , they can shove it up there *******s

20. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .... it was an update. Not a new game. Not even an expansion. I'm not sure exactly what you were expecting.