Z77-DS3H BIOS mayhem

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Twiddles, May 26, 2015.

1. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Hey guys,

I've had my Z77-DS3H (secondary PC for Linux, Windows and OS X) for some time now and from time to time I have an issue...

Sometimes the BIOS decides to randomly get corrupt and refuses to do ANYTHING. After a while without power it resets itself and everything is fine... That happened two times. Aprox one week ago it managed to fudge itself up once again :bang: However this time letting it rest or activating the recovery BIOS did nothing (To recover you have to hold the powerswitch and then turn on the PSU, let the powerswitch go and turn off the power as quickly as possible to generate a bad checksum). After trying to recover it for a whole hour I gave up while cursing, the board didn't even power on anymore. Funny thing is that I took out the board and decided that I would blow it up :D And in a desperate last attempt I powered it up at work. Now F me but it did power on and it's working fine.

Do you guys have ANY idea?

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    some times it just takes a bit of no power to really discharge the board.
    as long as everything you had hooked up like drives and such were working it was just the discharge that got it cleared then live once more :)

3. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    It was up and running until ~01:00am... reboot and it fudged itself up once again. I'm done, that piece of O(@Q#&*$) is dead to me.