NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nice. Is there any performance impact?

2. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    None that I've seen.

3. Maarcis12

Maarcis12 Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 950 2 GB
    I've tried that Shift 2 AA Flag (0x004110C1) for my copy of Shift 2, but problem is that it breaks the race intro and replays badly with being stuck on just one image the whole time with visible contours of cars, is there any fix for that without constantly alt-tabing every time it gets stuck?

4. LethalManBoob

LethalManBoob Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080
    Thanks for much for the workaround. It helps a great deal now that the latest drivers also broke ogssaa in the nvidia inspector.

5. LethalManBoob

LethalManBoob Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080
    The new game DUSK can be run in dx9 with the launch command -force-d3d9

Let us find flags.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  6. loganhome

loganhome Guest

GPU:
    8 go
    Hello, I can't seem to make Nvidia inspector AA work on Blade & Soul. Any solution?

7. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
  8. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10 GB
    Anybody have any ideas for Ys 7? It's dx9 and a very simple engine (it's a PSP port). None of the typical flags seem to have any effect at all.

9. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    This game uses R5G6B5 (16-bit color) textures and seems that driver can't properly apply AA for it.

You can try this patcher - Ys7_Res_patch.zip, it will allow to run game at resolution higher than 1920x1080.
    Or patch Ys7.exe using Hex-editor by yourself:
    Code:
    0F 8D 76 03 00 00 => E9 77 03 00 00 90
    8D 3C 40 89 7D 14 => 90 90 90 89 7D 14
    3D 00 08 00 00 0F 8F 10 01 00 00 8B 5D 10 81 FB 00 08 00 00 => 3D 00 80 00 00 0F 8F 10 01 00 00 8B 5D 10 81 FB 00 80 00 00
    7F 0C 81 BD 04 F9 FF FF 38 04 00 00 7E 14 => 7F 00 81 BD 04 F9 FF FF 38 04 00 00 EB 14
    In game launcher set "Window Mode" to "Fullscreen" and game will start at maximum possible resolution.
    [​IMG]

Susahamat and DarkSPartan like this.
  10. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10 GB
    Thanks for such a detailed response! Bummer that it won't work. That resolution patch is good enough I suppose, thanks for posting it.

11. DarkSPartan

DarkSPartan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    Thanks for the Ys Seven resolution patch! I'm assuming it only works on the drm-free versions? Because I tried with the Steam version and it fails to patch it. I also could not find these hex sequences.

12. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Right, you need gog.com or scene release version.

13. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    dafuq? Forcing *Anything* does not work in Ys Seven. Not even vsync. Nothing from the driver gets passed through to the game it seems. Not even texture filtering. (Turn it off in game and it actually turns it off. It's as if, it somehow coexists while completely ignoring the driver even exists)

What kind of port wouldn't bother upgrading everything to RGBA8 at the bare minimum? (Which is AFIK the minimum the driver supports for forcing AA and i've yet to see a game where this has been an issue.)Seems like such a weird step backwards for Xseed's ports.

At first the game wouldn't even start for me, then it would but it forces 1080p on full screen on my 900p monitor.

NISA's own ports of Disgaea and Phantom Brave (Both PSP games. Because I doubt the PS2 versions would serve a better base) put this to shame.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  14. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
    Other Ys games were made for PC by Falcom themselves, Xseed's only programmer then improved those for the Steam releases.
    Ys Seven though was made just for PSP, since Falcom didn't make a PC version, the port was outsourced, I guess they just ended up with a not very good partner?

Outside of Ys, I think there's just a couple other Xseed games that were outsourced, there's Little King's Story, apparently the initial state of the PC port was a mess, but eventually they hired Durante to improve it, and Trails of Cold Steel, which was handled mostly by Durante.
    (There's a few other PC versions that Xseed didn't handle internally, I think those were handled by the specific games developers, such as akiba's trip and the senran kagura games)

15. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    hi Guzz ! Warriors All-Stars can't enable resolution than 1080. can you make guide for working properly ? cheat engine or Hex is fine . i want to DSR this game

16. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Often they have someone making improvements over Falcom's old versions. But even then, not many other ports released by Xseed have been as uneven at launch.
    The worst I can think of is LKS and some odd problems Akiba's Trip had. Everything else has been pretty darn competent.
    After having someone else who knows what they are doing port TOCS for them, you would think they'd have an idea of the quality they need from other ports they have done by contract or themselves.

17. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    Life is Strange - Before the Storm is based on the engine unity. unlucky can't forced to directx 9 with command line argument -force-d3d9 had error message and then use AA Flag is impossible..

[​IMG]

trying used alternative DSR(4x) combine with AA in a game is nicely :) clean IQ

18. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Anywho, if you download codex's crack for the game. Then Guzz's resolution patcher works. EXCEPT, the game uses 16-bit color depth. Which DSR has been bugged with for a few years now. It screws up the image Gamma and makes playing this way impossible.

Also the text is tiny, so that ruins it as well.
    https://abload.de/img/ys7_2017_09_01_23_12_2isw8.jpg

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's not UE as the first game?

20. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    yep they changed engine to Unity this time