Question about ageia physx and folder I founded.

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by Nerox, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    I found on my program files(x86) folder a subfolder called AGEIA TECHNOLOGIES, and inside it, it has a lot of subfolder named with various version of ageia drivers, from v2.3.1 until v2.8.1 and there is a document that says "DO_NOT_MANUALLY_DELETE_ANY_SUBFOLDERS". The problem is that I dont have an ageia physx card, and why do I have this folder? It is installed by the nvidia drivers?because the nvidia drivers install a physx package but Im not sure if it is the same than the one Im talking about. Can you tell me wether or not is safe to delete those folders? because in the control panel in the section of uninstalling a program there isnt any program related to Ageia Techonologies, only the physx drivers that came with nvidia, but are they the same?

2. GSXR1300K

GSXR1300K Banned

GPU:
    8800gts g92x2 sli
    yes, they are the same.
    nvidia hasnt changed the name of the package for some reason. if you dont have no physx enabled games then just uninstall them from add and remove gui

3. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    Ok, thanks a lot, I always wondered about what that folder was

4. GSXR1300K

GSXR1300K Banned

GPU:
    8800gts g92x2 sli
    after you uninstall the physx drivers there is some stuff left behind even if you run the driversweeper physx cleanup. if you are uninstalling them for space issues or you just want to keep a tidy os, then look here:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
    C:\Program Files
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\AGEIA

5. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    Thanks for the tip. But, do you mean that inside those folders I must delete all the files that are inside? or can I just delete the complete folder? is it safe?

6. GSXR1300K

GSXR1300K Banned

GPU:
    8800gts g92x2 sli
    lol, no, dont delete the whole folder hive. you will see the ageia folders when you go to those locations

7. trollafrogg

trollafrogg Member

GPU:
    evoNvidiaG4MX420 pci 64DDR
    to remove the AGEIA files and folders just double click the Wise Installation Wizard and follow the prompts through to "finish" found at:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard

this will remove all the remaining AGEIA files and folders from your machine

8. sugarbear72155

sugarbear72155 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA 8400GS 2GB
    Ageia PhysX

where can i fine that down load Ageia PhysX the nvidia one is not working