Show us your scars, then tell your story.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by FULMTL, Apr 16, 2012.

1. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Could be an interesting thread. I think everyone remembers how they got a scar and it's always interesting to hear about it. No pics of your butt cheeks or groin please. Also probably nothing graphic or bloddy...
    I'll go first.

[​IMG]

I was reminded how I got the scar on my left eye the other day when we drove by it. When I was a kid, I was sitting in the center of the backseat of the SUV and I had just the waist seatbelt on. We got in a wreck, and the car spun. My face hit the center console. My right eye also has kinda a scar, but it's just a darker in the corner. I remember I saw red for about a week.

The more noticable scar is the one on my top lip. Just a blister that took a chunk of my skin with it. It never healed properly. Personally I think it adds character haha.

I'm pretty clean besides that I think...yeah I know, pretty lame scars compared to some people.

2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i only got burns lol

if you want to know the story, go to blockbuster. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  3. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Too many to tell. I have about 3 or 4 on my head only. The ones i could remember are on my chin from falling 15 feet face first and a cut on a vein underneath my ankle bone that needed 9 stitches.

4. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    2 scars..
    One on my right elbow, it's more then 20 years old..
    One on my right leg, ~10 years old... Was holding an big old plastic container with some weight in it.. The handle broke and the sharp piece that was left cut straight into my leg..
    Didn't get any stitches, infact I didn't even see the doctor..
    But it was damn nasty thou..

5. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Hands are covered in various marks/scars from sharp computer cases, broken glassware in the lab, stabbing myself with guitar strings and heavily calloused fingers from playing guitar and bass.

6. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Oh yeah...thanks for reminding me. My last scar was from trying to catch a falling knife. (yeah dont ask) >_< ... it felt awesome.

Also anyone here walked to the ER with a nail through their hand :) ?

7. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    No but we did have to carry my friend plus home-made go-kart to A and E (ER) at age 10 many years ago :p. We built the thing out of a few old railway sleepers and pram wheels. It fell on his leg and we couldn't get the sodding nail off, so off to A n E we wheeled him.

8. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    I got a wierd little scar on my thumb from a thorn that i couldnt get out when i was about 10 or so. Other than that ive broke my right wrist 3 times and one of my nuckles once. First wrist break was playing soccer in 4th grade, second time was falling after chasing girls in 6th grade and the third time was falling off a trampoline lol. My knuckle break was after punching a guy in the face that had a big ol sucker in his mouth. I think I hurt the sucker more than the guy. I think that was 8th grade.

Other than that, Im pretty clean lol.

9. Risco

Risco Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650M
    I had a motorbike accident in December, someone jumped a red light on me. I had to swerve to avoid being t-boned. Ended up with the back wheel wobbling as I turned so sharp and it falling on and crushing my foot.

I broke my fibia in half, dislocated and broke my big toe and busted two metartasuls. I now have a metal plate in my ankle, as well as my toe and flexible screw. Due another op in a few weeks, still in plaster. Won't be fully walking til September....

[​IMG]
    IMG_0191 by Riscon, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Untitled by Riscon, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Untitled by Riscon, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Ankle scar by Riscon, on Flickr

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  10. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    lol too many to remember knife cuts stab wounds gun shots normal lifes scrubs and cuts

Reminds me of this quote from some poster i cant remember his nick from years ago on a board long forgotten on a thread about tats and piercing

No doubt very interesting, but to all you Poser Wannabes ...

Just living Life to the max, on the edge

Should give enough natural "tats and modifications"

Wounds, scars, busted teeth, broken hearts

Or as Ol' Peg-Leg Willie said ...

If ye remove yer own eye to look like a Pirate

Then a looker is all ye'll ever be, arrrrr

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    not quite a scar but a cut lip. here's the story. Playing ice hockey, sunday night training. end of session, scrimmage. I'm playing right wing, take the puck over the blue line, beat a defender go deep and square the puck for a shot to a team mate between the circles and peel off behind the goal. I'm over a minute into my shift and my legs are shot so as soon as my team mate shoots (one time slapper) I'm behind the goal. My head is telling me to stop behind the goal and duck in case he misses the target. My legs are too far gone so I just glide out from behind the goal. The shot is wide and high, hits me on the visor and the puck comes off it. Chips my front 2 teeth and the chippings cut my lip open and put a couple of half inch holes into my bottom gum.

it happens like this... ding zzzzzzzzz.... 14 stitches later and a teeth rebuild I look normal again. didn't really hurt until next day. when I went down, there was blood everywhere but the adrenaline prevented me from feeling the pain. here's a pic :)

[​IMG]

12. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Cool story bro, stab wounds and gun shot wounds etc are not normally part of life's normal knocks unless you are very unlucky and a victim of a very serious assault, crap at defending yourself or you had it coming to you for being a silly gang member.

The only poser wannabe here is you ATM.

13. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I am covered in scars. From things like a chest OP that had 30 stiches, vien stripping in my right leg to burns and cuts from work like the third degree one on my hand and the time I got hit with a knife on the knuckle. Then there was the time I got stabbed with a pitchfork sword fighting a friend for fun, or the time i was carrying large broken panes of glass and walked right into one and it went under my knee cap.
    Nothing really too bad though. Oddly enough I have never broken a bone.

14. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850

Your a Momma Boy aint ya ??

15. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    Lets seee

your join date
    Total Posts

My join date

Total Posts

Your the fooking poser you peace sh*t

16. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Bored much? It's nice to see adults compose them selves with such grace and tact. Well played. Well played indeed.
    I say good day to you with a tip of my hat and tap of my cane. Kudos.

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You're out of line m'am

18. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    Sorry you are right . Tip of my hat to you , But fook him , The little sh*t

Some people just rub you wrong eh .

19. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    why am i out of line ?

20. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    @nOv1c3

Would you mind just mindlessly posting and keep on topic. Acting like a little kid will get you nowhere. Also join date or post count doesny say anything and it doesnt give you any privileges.....most users here are aware of that.