Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3850 AGP FAN control

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Peregrinator, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Peregrinator

Peregrinator New Member

Riva Tuner 2.08 is the only utility where the automatic FAN control of my HD 3850 AGP works. There is a strange phenomenon though...

I set the FAN speed 0% for 40C and 25% for 55C the rest is on 100%. I have a well vented house so that's ok.

In the case of a heavy load the FAN speeds up to 25% then 100% so that's fine.

If there is no heavy load, when the temperature reaches 55C the FAN does not spin up to 25% inmediately, but starts to make a very slow rotaion instead. This slow rotation is just enough to keep the temperature at 55C. The problem is that this small rotation has a very strange unusual noise. (I guess this is a result of a continous switch on switch of operation)

How can I force the FAN to always spin up according to the programed value?

Kind regards
    Peregrinator

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=255960
    Pay attentrion to the controller's "Spinup cycle" and "Spinup time" parameters.

3. mwarsell

mwarsell New Member

No matter what I try I can't seem to be able to change the values in the advanced fan controller settings. Using v. 2.09. And I also have the (Sapphire Radeon) HD 3850 AGP.

I've set AutoFanSpeedControl to 3 at Power User settings. Restarted. Then went to Low-level System Tweaks -> Fan, checked "Enable Low-level Fan Control" , clicked Auto, then clicked the entries and hit enter, but no..I can't change them, nothing happens.

If someone knows what I'm doing wrong, please help.

edit: I have Win XP. Also using the GPU driver that came with the HD 3850 (Cataclyst 8.4 I think).

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  4. mwarsell

mwarsell New Member

I managed to configure my HD 3850 AGP fan now with the help of the fantastic sticky here, thank you so much !!!

5. chesterfetid

chesterfetid New Member

GPU:
    970 GTX 4 Gb
    Hi, can someone help me to go below 25% on Rivatuner ?

I've got the same Sapphire HD 3850 AGP and this card is so noisy...

Didn't find "Spinup cycle" and "Spinup time" parameters...:3eyes:

Thanks !