wow werid how my FireGL/9800Pro us faster in games...

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Lord Banshee, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Lord Banshee

Lord Banshee Master Guru

GPU:
    X1950XT 512 @ FireGL 7350
    Ok just doing some thinging and ran 3DMark03 with my 9800Pro as a FireGL and it got:
    Ok well install newest Radeon 9800 Pro Driver and restart windows, and ran 3dMark03 again and got:

I got thought this was very strange. All options were set to default so not sure if the FireGL drivers have more options turn off but i don't see how that is possible. It should have more options turned on to increase quality over proformance.

So for 9800s and FireGL X2s They are Equal at gameing...

Anybody want to test for X3?

2. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    FireGL D3D drivers are always based on older Catalysts and since we know that older 4.12 catalysts were considered somewhat speed champs, i wouldn't be suprised of the results if i were you... ;)
    OpenGL is a completely different matter though - Catalysts should be faster in OpenGL because the gaming drivers are optimized for speed and not for quality like FireGLs.
    Also, be aware that several OpenGL games have problems when used with FireGL drivers (KOTOR, COD, etc...)