MSI Launches ECO series Socket 1151 Motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. omnivore

omnivore Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Nice new features- even less visually appealing than last batch.

Aesthetically I think these went in a bad direction. I remember when they were showing off a white pcb for the first generation and being interested. Then they went with the economic brown. But now they lost the green color scheme too and they look just the lower end "military class" mobos MSI has made in the past. Shame. I think they would move more of these if they would give them a little personality.

3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    it fit my idea of eco :) +1
    (but i agree with color)

4. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Under specs; the last line says : Windows 10 Ready

The meaning of "Ready" does not standardize as i know there were times OSes that were not available yet and mobos boxes specs were written "Windows "X" Ready while windows 10 is already on the shelves months ago.

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Until few month it was "Windows 8 ready"... just a marketing sticker on a box.

6. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    performance on an i7 will only be 100%, if HT is NOT turned off. at least when i look at the "possible" performance. not sure how much sense it makes to disable feats, instead of just getting the next smaller cpu (i5) etc, and get the same energy consumption AND save some money when buying.
    i mean, sure you will see a gain in efficiency, and have lower overall power consumption, but i doubt its gonna be much more than lets say what a premium/enthusiast board will use when setup correctly in bios (not when used for OC)
    i mean i my i7-3770k (stock clocks) with custom WC, 7 fans, asus DSX, 4 ssd's, and an oced 750ti running a FHD 27" led, and i use 65w when on desktop, surfing the web/streaming...