Sli gtx 460 1gb

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by like2trip, Feb 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. like2trip

like2trip Guest

GPU:
    Msi GTX 460 Cyclone 1GB
    Have a question about SLI. Currently run a MSI Cyclone GTX 460 1GB. I am wanting to get a second GTX 460 to SLI it with, however finding that exact card is proving to be a bit of a pain in my rear without paying more than i really want to.

I am aware that there are three version of the 460 (the 768MB, the 1Gb series and the SE 1GB). So long as I stay away from the 768MB version and the SE version I should be able to SLi 1GB GTX 460's regardless of brand correct?

in other words this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127510 would work fine with this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130568
    (yes I am aware those are out of stock)

2. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Yes.

Not of stock, they have been DISCONTINUED.

You can find them on Ebay.

3. like2trip

like2trip Guest

GPU:
    Msi GTX 460 Cyclone 1GB
    Which is where I have been looking wanted to make sure before I purchased one however.

as for the OOS comment its whats listed when you look at search results either way only mentioned it to point out that I was aware that I couldn't get them from newegg.

Thank you for the confirmation though.

4. XBEAST

XBEAST Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 Gaming
    I wouldn't recommend that. Better sell your 460 and get a single fast card. Especially with that CPU.

5. like2trip

like2trip Guest

GPU:
    Msi GTX 460 Cyclone 1GB
    I was thinking about that originally but ran in to a bit of a financial snag. Been comparing benchmarks and the dual GTX 460 places around the level of a 660 or so depending on the games.