Rt2.08 Winxp64 NVAPI version Not Found - nvstrap tab not popping out

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by likuid, Mar 12, 2008.

1. likuid

likuid New Member

Hey guys! new here!
    I just got my 2nd display and I'm tryin to mod my Gf8800 gt (512mb) to Quadro drivers so maya's viewport will stop flickering like crazy!

Thing is, I just can't make the nvstrap tab come up, tryed everything. Different drivers version(169.21, 169.02, 167.26) I've noticed in the Riva's list of drivers that nvapi.dll hasn't a version number, it reads not found instead. Has any of you had this too? And could this be a problem, or it just didn't find the version and it doesnt compromise any other setting?

I have a 2nd computer (winxp 32), which has a geforce 7300 and the nvstrap just came out like nothing. And on that computer, the nvapi.dll does have a version, heck I even installed a quadro 330!

Also, How can I tell if my system boots in a no Nvidia VGA adapter? The NVStrap.sys file is exactly where it should be. (as the FAQ says) There's any condition that rivatunner checks in order to allow nvstrap tab to load up other than the two mentioned in the FAQ? (boot on nvidia vga adapter and having the nvstrap.sys in the Tools\NVStrap folder)

I think the problem is in the boot, not sure about the nvapi thing, but has anybody got this too? And made it work somehow??

Men those were a lot of questions. Sorry about that! Any info about this is much apreciated.

By the way, great comunity!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

NVStrap doesn't support G9x GPU family yet, you're not supposed to see this tab with your hardware.

3. likuid

likuid New Member

I see, I am sooo f**** up then, well I can do nothing but to expect anxiously for riva tunner to support it.

Thanks for bothering to answer this, and so fast man!

4. likuid

likuid New Member

By the way, is there by chance another way to modify pci id? Maybe in the reg edit? Or the nvstrap is absolutelly needed to unlock it?