SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameGuy

GameGuy Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI
    Will be interesting to see what some of you guys can do with Last Light. I have been playing for the past 8 hours and finding the game kind of bland color wise.

2. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
  3. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Bah! I cannot for the life of me figure out how to properly use LGG, I'm fine with DPX but no idea how to properly use LGG other than when something good happens by mistake. Anybody got any ideas?

Oh and is dithering useful for stuff other than the so called 'banding' effect?

4. GameGuy

GameGuy Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI
    Not to harp on the person that made that lighting present but I have played with the gamma in game and my game looks nothing like in the screenshots. Everything looks over saturated, dark and grainy. Waiting to see what you can come up with. I would make a present but all I usually do is turn off everything, enable hdr and curves and that pretty much give me enough enhancement to get through some games :D
    [​IMG]

5. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    His settings should not make your game look like that at all. o_O

6. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
  7. GameGuy

GameGuy Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI
    Do you have a link to the injector you used I can't find it.

8. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    has anybody been able to create some nice settings for devil may cry for pcx2 emulator , id appreciate it, and perhaps silent hill 4 ps2 as well would be nice

what about that rage settings , is it true theres a working sweetfx for rage id love to know , and if so maybe we could get it to work with another great opengl game called cry of fear recently released as standalone that one needs some sweetfx lovin

9. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  10. GameGuy

GameGuy Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI

11. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    the only prob i have is when i start fraps it disables sweetfx ;;
    ok now time to play XD

edit: i removed my 1st preset it was a little too purple

12. GameGuy

GameGuy Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI
    In metro fraps and sweetfx both work its just for me steam overlay no longer works.

13. r3dfield

r3dfield Guest

GPU:
    GTX980 OC@1541Mhz/4001Mhz
    I actualy like none of those Metro Last Light Settings in the Database. Looks pretty nice on some screenshots, but not really in actual gameplay. They don't "remove" the green and blue tint, they just turn everything purple. Too cheesy imho for a Metro/Stalker game, which is overall dark and has a dull ambience.

Second point is that the lights are completely overpowered. This may look cool on some interior lights, but not for daylight skies on the surface and stuff like that...which lose too many details (clouds etc.), cuz the lift gamma gain light settings are way to high.

This screen is a nice example for what I mean...the person completely disappeares, cuz the lights wipe out any detail.

A chain is only as strong as her weakest part...so I recommend to cusomize those light settings in the brightest areas, maybe on the surface with daylight skies. So you can figure out your maximum bright light values...and you shouldn't lose too many details or mess up skies, what happens when you costumize lights in tunnel areas.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  14. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Exactly, YOUR Opinion; Not everyone likes a dull look if a game has one some like vibrant ones to replace it. Some like to have an over the top brightness to a game and some don't. I'll agree the color change could have been done without making the image purple but then that could have also been intentional as well as the over-brightness top side.

Main Point: Everyone's different, not everyone has the same taste nor is it anyone's prerogative to say what is acceptable to any particular sweetfx preset. :knock:

15. isamu99

isamu99 Guest

From overclock.net:

Interesting. Can anyone with RadeonPro experience further expand on this possibility?

16. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    the screenshot you are talking about isn't the same image
    in the second the person is not on screen so sweetfx or not you won't see it
    he just took a screenshot without sweetfx with the guy press scroll lock and print screen but it took a second at least so the guy has moved out
    i use his preset to render the screenshot here is the result:
    [​IMG]

only the start of the game looks a little purple i reduced a little my correction on my preset
    but you can edit and change it at your convenience ^^
    with my preset the same image:
    [​IMG]

played half of the game and i validate my preset indoor dark, indoor with lot of light, and outdoor bright and less bright :p

17. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    The thing is r3dfield has a point, but the problem is as the game is mainly dark you adjust your settings in order to make the most out of the dark areas and that would mean to enhance the lights in most cases, make some contrast as i'd say a flashlight in the basement is a hell of a blinding thing. But then again the game has some bright areas, which get messed up by these settings. Of course you can make a preset that would make the bright daylight look good, but the dark areas won't look as cool, so mainly it's the game's problem. Sometimes this can be fixed, like ENB did with Skyrim - there you can adjust day/night/day interior/night interior separately and there is a light adaptation mechanism. Which would be great to implement in the SweetFX, as light adaptation would fix this problem, i think.

18. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    well i tryed a light adaptation but it's only good when it doesn't change fast
    for metro it sux it will switch setting each time you have lot of flashlight, you move a little it switch , again and again making hard to aim

it's better to switch with keybinds like alt f1 , alt f2 , when you need
    i use a autohotkey script for that in some games

19. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    Actually the guy is still on the picture, he's just abit further
    [​IMG]

Here are my settings for this scene
    Off
    [​IMG]
    On
    [​IMG]

20. r3dfield

r3dfield Guest

GPU:
    GTX980 OC@1541Mhz/4001Mhz
    Sure, but that's not what I mean. The game can look great with natural colors...great with more vibrance...and even great in black and white. BUT if someone's rising the lights SO high, that it bleeds over 50% of all details...then it's technicly no real improvement. It's the little things...so I like to keep game details :)

I mean this in general, not only for Metro...don't wanna offend anyone...last but not least it's a matter of taste...some light junkies may like this. This may happen in snow and desert and is called white-out (see link) :banana: Haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.