9700pro ==> fireGL question

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by haranavei, Apr 28, 2004.

1. haranavei

haranavei Guest

Ok. Yes, I am a newbie.

I've read through the article at http://www.nvworld.ru/docs/sfgl_e.html. I did a search of this forum to see if my question has already been answered, but it either has not been or my search terms didn't pick it up.

I'm wondering which drivers are 'script supported'? The article says that drivers 1021-1026 under win XP are compatible, but I can't find those drivers to download. Which new driver can I get to run this mod?

I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere but as I mentioned, I did try a search.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

2. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
  3. haranavei

haranavei Guest

Thanks a lot. I looked at ATI's site for drivers but didn't see the ones you linked to listed-that page looks entirely different from where I ended up. Since I'm wanting to try run Maya better I picked up drivers that apparently work well with it (7.88 IIRC).

I'm now running into problems when installing the new driver after having run the rivatuner script. Any app that actually tries to use the vid card locks up my system. :( I've restored my old drivers and will try going through the process again once my guy gets home-I may be doing something wrong during the install of the driver and I don't want to ask another question that I might be able to find out on my own.

Thanks again, this is definately turning out to be quite the adventure and on my first attempted mod too... :p

4. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    Don't forget to go through all the patches listed in the patchscript folder for SoftFireGL. Some patches are run on the installer.exe first and then on the unpacked drivers.

5. haranavei

haranavei Guest

Thank you Alec. I didn't realize one had to run patches on the driver itself. I've gone through most of the patches now and decided to try changing the driver and it seems to be working.

I'd like to finish the patching process in the interest of system stability and also as a confidence builder for myself (hey this is a long way from my previous philosophy of 'hit the power switch and hope everything is working'). However, some of the patches have a pull down menu and since I don't really understand exactly what's going on, I don't know which to choose.

"This script allows you to block PCI enumerator based DeviceID protections in some driver components, which have been introduced in FireGL 1032 drivers."

I don't know the answer. :) My system appears to be working without having run those patches so maybe it isn't absolutely necessary?

Thank you again for taking the time to help a total newbie with this!

6. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    the PCI enumerator based DeviceID patch is made by checking your own card PCI DeviceID in Rivatuner info report sheet and then applying that ID with the patch. It's like "convincing" the driver that a FireGL card has your own cards ID.