Guru3D Downloads...Invalid Links?

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Daddymaster, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Daddymaster

Daddymaster Guest

GPU:
    SLI 780ti's
    Hello all,

I cant seem to find an answer anywhere, so Im asking you guys for help.
    Whenever I try to download anything from this site, it directs me to a page that makes me wait 5 seconds (which is normal) until the download begins. But the download never starts and it takes me to a page that says it was an invalid link.

I have tried to download pretty much everything from this site in testing this. From TheWorse mod, to AMD Updates, to RTSS versions; nothing works. Im sure Im doing something really stupid.

If anyone has any help, it would be much appreciated!

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I remember having a similar issue here a year or two back, turned out to be either adblock or ghostery iirc

3. Daddymaster

Daddymaster Guest

GPU:
    SLI 780ti's
    I tried that already, but it didnt work. I also tried different browser, Firefox, Internet Explorer :)puke2:), and Chrome. Same issue on all of them.

AHHHHHH! lol

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Blocking cookies ? The download sections is working absolutely fine. The one browser that can give the issue is Opera.

5. Daddymaster

Daddymaster Guest

GPU:
    SLI 780ti's
    Some browsers where blocking cookies, some where not. I went through and disabled/enabled cookies and other things on all of them and still no luck. I also tried disabling norton antivirus, and that didn't change anything. So strange.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Try rebooting your router

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Very weird. I think your system is blocking cookies, and the website needs one created to write a session hash so it knows what file to serve to the corresponding download slot.

Connecting through proxies / caches ? It should work flawless my man.

8. Daddymaster

Daddymaster Guest

GPU:
    SLI 780ti's
    Super weird. Ill keep messing around with it. Thanks for the help guys. Maybe I could VPN somewhere and try it.

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sorry I can't help you any further man. If you do find the problem, let me know okay ? If another user ever runs into this, at least we'd have an answer him.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Try hidemyass.com or kproxy.com and see if you get the same problem

11. Daddymaster

Daddymaster Guest

GPU:
    SLI 780ti's
    I fixed it (sort of). The problem is my network set-up. I have a server set up that filters and blocks certain content on the internet. For whatever reason it is subtly blocking this website, or at least when attempting to download stuff from it. I couldnt figure out why it was doing it, and exempting this site on the server didnt help either. VPN and those proxy sites didnt work, so I used my iphone to create a hotspot. I connected to it and initiated the download, IT WORKED! Though, it was going to take 8 hours to download. Firefox allows me to resume downloads, so I tried disconnecting from my hotspot and connecting back to my home network and resuming. It resumed and is downloading now.

So theirs your work-around I guess.

Again, Thanks for the help guys!

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Whitelist G3D on your server ?

13. Daddymaster

Daddymaster Guest

GPU:
    SLI 780ti's
    Yup! Didnt work though. Lord knows why that wouldnt work. Im trying to figure it out, but nothing seems to be solving it.

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    "blocks certain stuff", I'm thinking that filter that you use has the rules in it to filter this usage or site and are overriding your allow.

Some diagnostics by a ping/tracert to the ip of the download server the file came from and the url of the page with the download link perhaps.