KuroTenshi's Textures and Shaders improvements (Downloads on January 25th or 26th)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by KuroTenshi, Jan 23, 2016.

1. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I made this Reshade preset using E3 Lite V2. So it might render different in other contexts.

For the blue glow, it's a cinematic effect I quite like if well balanced. It's for light sources. I still have to adjust it. I was mainly busy with sharpening without altering too much the image. And for interface, unfortunately it's a bug to deal with. I could have spared the UI if it was static.
    You can disable it by setting USE_GAUSSIAN_ANAMFLARE to 0 in gemfx.cfg.

In E3 Lite V2, this preset's rendering is rather similar to "vanilla". It's less washed out, but I think not too much contrasted.

This preset is quite demanding indeed. It's because of Adaptive-Sharpen I introduced in 1.6.

If you test with V 1.5 where I was using a high-pass filter, performances should be better. It's a different rendering, probably less contrasted in your case. 1.6 is a "reboot"
    Watch Dogs Reshading by KuroTenshi 1.5

It remains a WIP as I am never satisfied.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Tested textures and remade Reshade preset using Reshade 2.0, with big optimizations.

I am pleased with the results. I didn't work hard for nothing ^^

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  3. Danielosama

Danielosama Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    How do I install the optimized textures?
    Thanks for the answers.

4. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I don't have much time so I'll be short, for now.

You have to unpack your "patch.dat" file (in data_win64 folder) using "gibbed tools". Then you copy/paste new textures in "data", then repack with the same tools, and replace your initial "patch.dat".