GPU for 1440P

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DiceAir, Aug 28, 2013.

1. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Hi there.

Don't know if this is the right section. I'm currently on 570SLi and would like to upgrade my graphics card. i'm running a Qnix qx2710 @ 96Hz so can anyone suggest me a Graphics card I can buy. I have the following in mind

MSI 7870 Lightning
    referance Geforce GTX 780
    MSI gaming GTX 770
    Waiting for GTX 780 Lightning
    Wait for next Nvidia or next AMD cards

So Should I wait for the next cards or should I overclock mine while I have my Screen overclocked or should I upgrade now. I'm planning on playing BF4 online alot and want good graphics but if the next Nvidia cards or AMD cards is worth the wait I would do so. I want performance and are prepared to buy the cards if priced right but don't mind spending lots of money

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    AMD's new cards are released at the end of next month, so it's better to just wait.

It's supposedly cheaper than the GTX 780 and some speculate that it will be slightly faster than the GTX Titan.

3. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Taht would be amazing. I just hope the memory is fast enough and that they have something like a 4GB or more cause then it's going to be a winner for me.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    the memory will be plenty fast, 384bit, over 6ghz and 3 or 6gb. Although I doubt it'll be 6gb. And yeah, I would wait, at 1440p 96fps you'll need a monster setup, dual gtx 780 or dual 9950 or so.

5. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I don't mind turning down some settings but I can see that 2560x1440 is heavy on the memory. My memory is either not enough or not fast enough

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  6. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    7970 Xfire does the job for me. OCed to GHz speeds.

7. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Agree about waiting for amd, but in either case if you want to use a single GPU you better buy the fastest card out there in order to game hardcore @1440p. I think a more resonable solution would be something along the lines of BLEH!

8. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Yeah I'm going to buy the top of the line GPU. But I've been asking on a couple of forums and everybody is telling me that I should wait. My games are lagging but nothing I should consider very very very bad. I guess I can hold on till next AMD cards. I will be new to AMD so hope they don't disappoint.

9. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    9970 should be out next month. Get one of those. Probably fast as Titan for a fraction of the price.

10. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    So for us in South Africa it should be round about in 2 months. Hopefully I can get some cool Never settle bundles

11. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    It will do, the new one hopefully.