News PSU ~700W

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Piospi, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Piospi

Piospi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Hello :)

I would like to know which power supply to choose - Corsair AX760i or Enermax 750W Platimax.
    I don't want anything from Seasonic, because I had X-750 and X-760 and I had problems with them (750 died and loud 760).

I need a really quiet, stable power supply with very good (or perfect;p ) parameters. What to choose?

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
  3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
  4. Piospi

Piospi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    300$

EDIT: AX760 is produced by Seasonic? AX760i is produced by someone else

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
  6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Of the two you listed, the Corsair is the superior model.

For Enermax, the Galaxy and Revolution series are better than Platimax.

Sucks about your past Seasonic woes. They aren't a bad brand at all but I know the feeling.

7. Piospi

Piospi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    And what of his problems? Coil whine and defective copies.

8. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Any power supply manufacturer has duds even the superior brands it is impossible to be 100% it doesn't happen.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    see my spec for a great 750W psu. It is a seasonic though, really.

10. ground_zero298

ground_zero298 Master Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    End of the day a power supply is a power supply, it works or it does not. All boils down to what you feel comfortable buying and are happy with.

Power supplies fail, arrive doa, and make noises. Does not matter if its a $40 or $600 psu, just a part of life.

I've seen $40 psu go 6-7 years on gaming systems with no issue's. Hell, most of the big box brand computers sold in the US to the general consumer have $9 cheapies in them and last 6-10 years.

I choose my seasonic x850 off detailed reviews. It was one of the cleanest running psu's that year, and is actually capable of 1050 watts continuous.

Best I can recommend from actual tests and specs, would be the 760i if you are dead set between the 2.

On the end note, 99% of sheeple will recommend corsair anything on this forum, and don't limit your search to just 2 psu's or take every ones word. Do some research, read some reviews, cruise the forums of the brand your interested in, see what issues people have with that product and how the company responded to them. When I buy computer parts now, I go in educated, gone are my days of getting the flashy/shiny hardware or the biggest name out. I've learned the hard way over the years that I will only look in my computer case once, maybe twice a year. Really don't matter what brand or color is in it, just needs to be reliable.

A lot of good brands available that people have had zero issues with. I've built multiple Kingwin's and FSP's system and loved them.

11. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    I have a Corsair 760i powering my rig. I like it. The Corsiar monitoring software that it comes with is cool and all but the novelty dies real quick. If you want you can save a couple of bucks going for the non-i version.