Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA Drivers Section
Videocards - NVIDIA Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything ForceWare driver related. ForceWare (Detonator) drivers are for NVIDIA TNT, Quadro and all GeForce based videocards.

Old
  (#451)
KingDazza
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 980 Sli
Processor: i7 3770k
Mainboard: ASRock z77 Fatal1ty Pro
Memory: 16GB 1600mhz Ripjaws
Soundcard: Nvidia HDMI to Tannoy 5.1
PSU: Corsair AX1500i
Default 12-04-2014, 17:27 | posts: 654 | Location: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty View Post
Haha, yep. Agree with you wholeheartedly.

Bethseda sucks too actually. Horrible engines.

I was so hoping the G-Sync monitor I picked up would alleviate most if not all stutter issues with BL2 and the like. Didn't do an effing thing....

Impressed with Respawn Entertainment though, Titanfall plays like butter in all situations. Never skipped for me once. Very impressive.

Oh god I didn't even see this guys post beforehand.

Dude, don't even bother. He's not like us, he can't see what we can, period.

We know that NO ONE, lemme repeat that, NO ONE can play BL2 with PhysX on without stutters. Not even ONE person.

If they think they are the only ones that can, they are blind. Without a doubt.
We're talking about the Pre-Sequel physx working well here not Borderlands 2.

Old
  (#452)
NeoandGeo
Master Guru

Videocard: Geforce GTX 970 @1420
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600k @4.4
Mainboard: GA-P67A-UD4B3
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 750w
Default 12-04-2014, 17:39 | posts: 477

True, it works much better than BL2, but there are still problems with smoothness of gameplay, frametimes aren't optimal at all with PhysX enabled.

A 30fps game with a perfect 33.3ms frametime is a better overall gameplay experience than a 60fps game with lots of fluctuations above 16.7ms even if the FPS registers 60 at all times. There is a good reason why benchmark sites that are relevant are moving away from FPS benches and towards Frametime benches. FPS doesn't tell the right story at all. "Time spent above X.Xms" charts need to be all anyone reads. Ever.

Last edited by NeoandGeo; 12-04-2014 at 17:41.

Old
  (#453)
nexxusty

Videocard: R9 290 CFX 4GB 1100/6500
Processor: Intel 3930k@4.8ghz 1.4v
Mainboard: Asus RFV /waterblock
Memory: G.Skill 16gb 2400mhz CL10
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Recon3D USB
PSU: Corsair AX860i
Default 12-04-2014, 17:59 | posts: 33 | Location: Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDazza View Post
We're talking about the Pre-Sequel physx working well here not Borderlands 2.
Same version PhysX DLL's as BL2 dude. Same performance.

Quote:
If I can afford a system of my out lay, has it not occurred to you that maybe, just maybe I'm not fussed over a 20 cd key spend on a game?

But I think its great that you're curious to know things. That at least might be a start on your journey to enlightenment accepting others findings instead of calling them liars, patronizing them and incorrectly spinning what they are saying.

Anyway we're going round in circles here. It plays well for me with lovely physx effects. And it doesn't for you.
Refer to my last statement there bud.

You CAN'T SEE whats happening. Bottom line. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoandGeo View Post
True, it works much better than BL2, but there are still problems with smoothness of gameplay, frametimes aren't optimal at all with PhysX enabled.

A 30fps game with a perfect 33.3ms frametime is a better overall gameplay experience than a 60fps game with lots of fluctuations above 16.7ms even if the FPS registers 60 at all times. There is a good reason why benchmark sites that are relevant are moving away from FPS benches and towards Frametime benches. FPS doesn't tell the right story at all. "Time spent above X.Xms" charts need to be all anyone reads. Ever.
Bingo. This guy is not sensitive to frametimes my friend. I'd rather be in his shoes than mine... it's a curse.

Made it so I can't even play Mario Kart 8. Runs at 59fps, cant deal with ANY amount of stutter in any game on PC. If it stutters it's never played again by me. Or at least until it's confirmed fixed.

Last edited by nexxusty; 12-04-2014 at 18:11.

Old
  (#454)
KingDazza
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 980 Sli
Processor: i7 3770k
Mainboard: ASRock z77 Fatal1ty Pro
Memory: 16GB 1600mhz Ripjaws
Soundcard: Nvidia HDMI to Tannoy 5.1
PSU: Corsair AX1500i
Default 12-04-2014, 18:14 | posts: 654 | Location: England

Thank you for your apology. But no need I was speaking to NeoandGeo on his allegation of me somehow being corrupted by my purchase of The Pre-Sequel and gearboxes amazing marketing team. So I don't see how your post contributes to that.

Maybe the pair of you are just on some higher plain of existence, where speaking bollocks makes better sense? I don't know. Maybe you and he were separated at birth, as you seem to share a similar appreciation level of others opinions and comprehension. Maybe you were both conceived by a weak sperm or something, I've no idea and to be honest I've no inclination to find out. I'm happy being on terra firma here where I take onboard others findings and experiences with an open mind.

Anyway, please excuse me while I go back to enjoying buttery smooth physx effects on The Pre-Sequel. Cheers.

Old
  (#455)
NeoandGeo
Master Guru

Soundcard:
Default 12-04-2014, 18:29 | posts: 477

Buttery smooth PhysX? Not hardly, the frametimes fluctuate at 60fps, so you get a jittery smooth image with subtle stutter as you play. You are lucky though if you can't sense those fluctuations. Your brain sees 60 via a "telling half the story" Fraps counter and tricks you into thinking it's smooth...If you aren't lying to justify your rig then it's simply a lack of comprehension on your end, ignorance is bliss is a true saying for a reason!

I guess you also don't know how smooth a 120fps or even 60fps on a 600hz subfield drive plasma look? Don't ever try either of those two, you will be spoiled and realize you are foolish to try and debate the smoothness of BL and PhysX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty View Post
Made it so I can't even play Mario Kart 8. Runs at 59fps, cant deal with ANY amount of stutter in any game on PC. If it stutters it's never played again by me. Or at least until it's confirmed fixed.
I still can't believe Nintendo let it release like that. The jerk every few seconds is maddening sometimes. It has something to do with the AI processing as it doesn't happen rhythmically in online matches as it does in single player or local multiplayer modes.

Last edited by NeoandGeo; 12-04-2014 at 18:33.

Old
  (#456)
nexxusty

Default 12-04-2014, 18:33 | posts: 33 | Location: Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Thank you for your apology. But no need I was speaking to NeoandGeo on his allegation of me somehow being corrupted by my purchase of The Pre-Sequel and gearboxes amazing marketing team. So I don't see how your post contributes to that.

Maybe the pair of you are just on some higher plain of existence, where speaking bollocks makes better sense? I don't know. Maybe you and he were separated at birth, as you seem to share a similar appreciation level of others opinions and comprehension. Maybe you were both conceived by a weak sperm or something, I've no idea and to be honest I've no inclination to find out. I'm happy being on terra firma here where I take onboard others findings and experiences with an open mind.

Anyway, please excuse me while I go back to enjoying buttery smooth physx effects on The Pre-Sequel. Cheers.
Ignorance is strong in this one.

I LOVE people like you. Too stubborn and proud to admit anything about their precious PC they built.

LOL man.

I could care less what you have to say as I've chalked you up as someone who is basically blind. You must have to be if you really think that this game doesn't stutter.

Anyway, you're blind. Also apparently stubborn and ignorant.

Last edited by nexxusty; 12-04-2014 at 18:43.

Old
  (#457)
NeoandGeo
Master Guru

Soundcard:
Default 12-04-2014, 18:37 | posts: 477

Dazza, you're not one of the trolls on the Far Cry 4 forums lying about your game being perfectly smooth at max settings are you? They use some of the same terms as you, and I'm just checking.

Old
  (#458)
nexxusty

Default 12-04-2014, 18:40 | posts: 33 | Location: Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Buttery smooth PhysX? Not hardly, the frametimes fluctuate at 60fps, so you get a jittery smooth image with subtle stutter as you play. You are lucky though if you can't sense those fluctuations. Your brain sees 60 via a "telling half the story" Fraps counter and tricks you into thinking it's smooth...If you aren't lying to justify your rig then it's simply a lack of comprehension on your end, ignorance is bliss is a true saying for a reason!

I guess you also don't know how smooth a 120fps or even 60fps on a 600hz subfield drive plasma look? Don't ever try either of those two, you will be spoiled and realize you are foolish to try and debate the smoothness of BL and PhysX.

I still can't believe Nintendo let it release like that. The jerk every few seconds is maddening sometimes. It has something to do with the AI processing as it doesn't happen rhythmically in online matches as it does in single player or local multiplayer modes.
This.

Kudos for explaining exactly what is happening with buddy over there. Was up all night so I couldn't be arsed. Hehe.

Oh man, Mario Kart 8's 59fps is a disaster. It's 100% the AI, people think its the AI/MKTV feature capturing frames.

I did not know it didn't happen online. Although, last night I did surmise that since there was no AI that the game would probably do 60fps online. You mean I was right eh? Sweet. Can this game be enjoyed in some other mode than Time Trials now? Cool!

Old
  (#459)
nexxusty

Default 12-04-2014, 18:41 | posts: 33 | Location: Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Dazza, you're not one of the trolls on the Far Cry 4 forums lying about your game being perfectly smooth at max settings are you? They use some of the same terms as you, and I'm just checking.
Oh god, those guys too? Why am I not surprised....

I should get some sleep and come over there and own some n00bs too.