RTSS & Debug Version of D3D9

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by MiR4i, Mar 8, 2014.

1. MiR4i

MiR4i Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 x2
    I am able to produce a weird bug in Diablo III when using the RTSS overlay, but when attempting to figure out what's happening and switching to the debug version of DX9, the RTSS overlay stops working and I cannot reproduce my issue. I've tried changing all of the detection settings in RTSS, but the overlay will not show back up until I switch back to the retail version of DX9.

I'm not a programmer and I'm attempting to help someone else who cannot reproduce the issue on his end. Is there anything that I can do in this situation?

Thanks

2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Debug versions of DX runtimes run in strict mode and tools that employ injection into graphics API often break rules imposed by strict mode, causing the runtime to ignore the drawing calls made by the injectors.

Out of curiosity, why do you need the debug runtime to reproduce the bug you're talking about?

3. MiR4i

MiR4i Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 x2
    Makes sense.

It's kind of a long story, but the error/bug that I could reliably reproduce in D3 using the RTSS overlay was hopefully going to give my programmer buddy some much needed information that he couldn't reproduce on his machine.

He actually got someone else to reproduce the issue outside of using the RTSS overlay, so it all worked out anyway. :)