eyefinity display group question

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by andienz, Feb 2, 2012.

1. andienz

andienz Guest

GPU:
    HPE-490t
    Hello!
    I'm working on a specialized immersive environment for a trade show and need some advice. The display will consist of 3 horizontal LG3D TV's with hdmi/dvi input. Additional to that I would like to add 3 low resolution monitors that only have a analog RCA input (Resolution 640x360). I'm planning to use a "ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition" to feed the displays. The content will come from GoogleChrome in fullscreen mode. The display group must contain all 6 screens since all displays are interacting with each other inside the same browser window. The layout for this virtual "display group" would be like this: 3*1080p horizontal + 3*640x360 vertical attached to the left or the right on the side of the 1080p content areas. Their physical layout in the real world will of course be different, but in the ATI Display group I need all 6 displays to be fed by one giant Windows 7 / GoogleChrome screen.

Is it even possible to create a display group as explained above?
    What adapters do I need to connect low end RCA video?
    What adapters do you recommend to connect the passive 3D displays?
    Is the "ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition" the correct choice?

Thanks!

2. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    Well I think the main issue I see is how do you connect a tv with only an analog composite input to a GPU with only mini-DisplayPort outputs?

I dug a littel and found this:

http://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Composite-Video-S-Video-Converter/dp/B004VV8R86

no idea on the quality but I don't see there being a whole lot of options out there.

As for the resolution, Eyefinity 2.0 is supposed to bring support for custom resolutions, but I'm not entirely sure if this is going to be a 7000 series card only feature or if they will roll it out for all eyefinity capable cards (and when).

I think the CAT 12.2 preview drivers mentioned launching Eyefinity 12.2, anyone tried it yet?

*edit*

Just read that Eyefinity 2.1 still requires all monitors to be the same resolution.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  3. andienz

andienz Guest

GPU:
    HPE-490t
    Urgent Displaygroup problem!

Hello again!
    I actually got my immersive environment to work back in March of this year! Worked awesome UNTIL YESTERDAY! And I have a presentation tomorrow afternoon!!
    I Didn't have my simulation environment running for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I wanted to set it up again for a customer visits tomorrow and I was not able anymore to establish a Eyefinity display group. It's will not give me a higher horizontal resolution than 1920. I go through all the motions But all it does, it duplicates the display on to the selected screens when I try to set up a 3 x 1 horizontally oriented display group. After the display group is fully set up, it gives me the option to arrange the displays which results in the typical Bluescreen that I'm supposed to select. Only the problem is: Not a complete screen lights up blue but only a third of s single screen, and that scenario is triplicated on all the other screens that are supposed to be part of the display group. It seems like as if Windows doesn't allow a larger screen resolution than 1920 in width and that seems to screw up CCC.. I updated to the latest CCC version 12.8 but that didn't help. The only thing that changed from the time Benevola still working was some random bindles seven Updates. Any idea? Anyone?

I am absolutely desperate! The visitors will be in tomorrow afternoon! HELP!!

4. andienz

andienz Guest

GPU:
    HPE-490t