The rage is powerful in me today

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by F1refly, Feb 2, 2014.

1. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    So I go to start my car this morning in my garage, a 2012 Honda Fit with under 7k miles on it, it barely starts and 2 dummy lights are on, the engine and the traction control. WTF? Worked fine yesterday. It seemed to drive fine, go to bank and when I went to start it back up, it didn't start the first couple of times but then finally *phew.

So then figured I better go directly to the dealer's service center which glad I did because it wouldn't start up again. Turns out a mouse that thought he was a mechanic got in there and chewed up my map sensor wires.
    $300 for a new wire harness and labor.

Immediately went to hardware store and now have 4 boxes of rat poison in the garage, 2 old fashioned neck breakers and 2 glue traps....That bastard is mine.:rpg: For that $300 I'm gonna have it stuffed and mounted. My next plan is to just burn the whole garage down until I'm sure he is dead.

To top my saturday off, I get back after 4 hours with my car fixed and my wife goes to turn on the PS3 to watch a movie and no video output. I tested hdmi with another device and it's fine. Did the hold power button for 5 seconds thing and still black screen. Apparently it's either a handshake issue or gpu issue. I was starving, no breakfast or lunch so I just got her a cheap dvd player at Target to shut her up.

Then I busted an ink pen cause I used it ...due to lack of desire to get a proper tool...to pry open a stuck kitchen drawer which splattered ink on a new long sleeve.:bang: I put some hair spray on it and threw it in the wash, luckily it came out but I can still feel the rage within me.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Just be glad he went for the MAP wire and didn't get ahold of more. Those little bastards can really **** a car up.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You know when you accidentally drop something and it rolls all the way across the room and under the gap of couch/fridge/dresser and then requires you remove everything in the entire room just to get to it.

Thats my life in a nut shell. I feel your pain.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  4. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Time for a beer.

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Just play some BF4....that'll take care of the rage.....just make sure the sledge hammer is within arms reach before you launch the game.... =D

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    That's one reason I like my cars pre 2000. I hate how computerized they've become.

8. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    Take a moment and breathe
    you can beat it mang

9. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    About the bad luck for the car. I had something similar happen to me last month. I installed brand new tires for my car and then not even 2 days later i noticed a freaking metal chip in one of the tires essentially making me to replace one of the tires again. I swear i cursed for an hour because of it.

10. waxbytes

waxbytes Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 6GB
    Life's too short to spend time raging about things you can't control.
    As for the ink issue, live and learn.

:banana:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014

11. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    We all have bad days. Try a hot bath.

12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I caught 2 mice last night in the snap traps. I set a few more just to be sure and have the rat poison set out for future intruders. I feel a lot better today despite the fact that I did get my wife's car stuck on some ice in the driveway and slid it into our trash bins trying to get it out...but meh, it's not my car.

13. wadj

wadj Guest

GPU:
    switchable ATI 4550 + Int
    get a cat

14. ibitato

ibitato Guest

rolf so true

15. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Lol, I see what you did there. :D

Though I'm DEAD tired today you cracked me up laughing. Feel sorry for the wife. :)

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Set them free somewhere far. Don't go killing them or using poison.

17. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    I had one of those days last week. On my way to work, got stuck in traffic for a really long time. When I finally reached the city, almost had an accident (not my fault). When I parked my car, I took my trolley out of my car and found out that the handle of the trolley was blocked. It did that sometimes so I knew a good pull released the mechanism. Sadly, this time it didn't. The plastic broke into pieces, cutting open my hand.

So there I was, bleeding in the parking lot with a broken trolley and late for work. Since the handle was broken, I had to carry that heavy trolley up a hill. I tried to be positive about it and told myself that I have a good workout now.

Fortunately, the work day itself was pretty ok. But when I left work to go home. Some idiot driver (yes it was a woman) blocked an entire intersection for 15 minutes. She tried to squeeze past a bus to quickly go straight on. Because she refused to go back, the bus that was on the left lane, could not turn, thus blocking the entire intersection.

Ah well, now I laugh about it.

18. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    snap traps dude, they're already dead.