6800gto unmasking problem- Time sensitive, please help

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by jbrukardt, Oct 3, 2005.

1. jbrukardt

jbrukardt New Member

Hello, i apologize for the urgency note in topic

I have a Dell 6800gto, i purchased it from a gentleman that said it unlocked fully with clean pipelines, and yet i am having some serious trouble getting it to do anything of the sort. If i wish to return it to him i only have two days to do so and want to make sure the problem isnt on my end before i do so.

I am running an Nforce Pro based SLI motherboard
    My gfx card is a Dell 6800gto 256mb pci-e card with ddr3

Here's the problem, rivatuner isnt picking up any correct info about the card, the "extra info" is blank, and the information in the registers section is wrong. Here is a screenshot

Registers

I am using the latest official nvidia drivers, the 78.01s. Could that be an issue, an rivatuner says "these drivers may not be supported" ?

Any and all help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Justin

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  2. Blast

Blast Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
    Sounds like you have an old version of RivaTuner. The latest is 15.7.

3. jbrukardt

jbrukardt New Member

Nope, im using 15.7

4. Blast

Blast Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2005

5. jbrukardt

jbrukardt New Member

Turns out part of the problem was my own fault, i discovered it on my own. Since im running an sli mobo, i have 2 16x slots and i had put the card in the upper slot. Turns out that the lower slot is actually the primary slot. Once i put the card in that slot rivatuner picked up the info properly on it anyway. However sadly i still have a problem, it looks like my pixel quad is indeed bad. Let me know what you guys think from these screenies

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7669/vertexshaderclean8po.jpg

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4483/pixelshadercorruption6ps.jpg

Looks to me like that pipe was just bad from the factory (which if this is the case, then the guy should give me my money back. However, if you guys know any tips or tricks that might help me get rid of that corruption (hardware or not) id really appreciate hearing them

6. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    Try it in a game if there are artifacts return it to him.