RT not applying fan profiles/Resetting fan speed.

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by v3ct0r, Aug 17, 2009.

1. v3ct0r

v3ct0r New Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 9800 GTX XXX
    First off let me say that my knowledge of RT is limited, but I have used it for a couple of years to adjust my GPU fan speeds based on "hardware monitoring range events." I recently reformatted my computer and after installing my GPU drivers (190.38) and configuring RT with low-level fan control profiles I expected everything to work just fine as it has in the past, but it has not been. First off, I have my GPU fan set to 80% on boot, but it does not apply when Windows loads (fan speed runs at default - 34%), nor do my scheduled profiles seem to work right off the bat. Sometimes they will kick in after my card has risen past 2 or 3 "scheduled ranges," and sometimes they won't. When they are active and I load up a game, after a few minutes of playing my fan normally resets to default speed and the profiles stop working; resulting in my card getting too hot and the nv4_disp driver to stop functioning (around 80C which I still think should be stable, but it's not -- any insight into this?). Also, if RT is not applying the profiles and I attempt to launch them, they turn on for a brief second, but then the default speed takes over again. I have read several threads from the past of people having similar issues, but I never came across a way to actually fix it. My card is an XFX GeForce 9800GTX XXX (PVT98FYDDU). I bought it last summer. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Oh, and I'm running XP Pro 32-bit. Thanks again.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009