Issues with 2 way sli, using 4 way sli bridge

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Dorlor, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Okay, so i wanted to have more Space inbetween my Cards, so i bought a 4 way sli bridge, so that i could have the Cards in the top and bottom pcie slots.

Issue is now, that it says "you need to connect an sli bridge to your Graphics Cards to use sli"... so either the bridge is defect, or i cant use a 4 way sli bridge for 2 way sli - does anyone know if the latter is the case?

http://i.imgur.com/xpJrhGH.jpg

2. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Did you try flipping it around I know some of them are labeled top and bottom?

3. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I gave a link, where you can see it.

Aint there any of you users with 4 way sli setups, who've tried using that 4 way sli bridge in 2 way sli ? And if so, did it Work?

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Never used an actual physical 4-way sli, ive only used quads ie: 2x Dual cards.
    I woulda thought it worked tbh as all your doing is providing a connection between 2 cards. Maybe ask Cowie or Hilbert?

5. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Same - only experience i have with quad sli, is using 2x 295 Cards. Ive used 3 way sli, but never tried to run 2 way sli with the 3 way sli bridge.

And i thought so aswell... im quite puzzled as to wether the bridge is simply defect, or wether you cant use a 4 way bridge for 2 way sli.

6. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Well sod this crap... ive tried EVERYTHING (except changing my cosmos 2 case, which im not going to do) to improve temperatures on my 2 evga 780 ti sc with (crap) acx coolers...

This 4 way sli bridge was my last shot at getting better temps.

So ive written to evga, asking if i can possibly get my acx versions replaced with stock versions, and if there is a fee, how much it would be.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Just get one of these, they come in different lengths.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nvidia-Fl...Video-card-Connector-3-For-ASUS-/281014484900

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You can't use a 4-way bridge in that manner. Electrically the connection isn't there between the GPUs. Here's a representation of how the GPU's are connected electrically using a 4-way bridge:

[​IMG]

9. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
  10. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Thank you for that very informative reply! :)

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    There's a couple of MSI 140 mm SLI bridges on Ebay. They are pricey. You might try sending MSI an email and see if you can buy one direct from them.