Mad Max game from Just Cause 2 devs announced

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 11, 2013.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    All the same as far as im concerned. The only video ill trust is from users on youtube who aren't making a living from making reviews.

I don't care what a publisher/dev, and/or amd/Nv previous games state was released in, I assume that all games are broken until I see post release evidence show otherwise. This includes the upcoming mgs.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've never assumed a game will be broken.
    It depends from developer to developer. I go into Bethesda games with my guard up a little, expecting some issues.

I go into Ubisoft products not knowing if it'll be solid, or a mess. As they tend to go back and forth.

Video game performance and or stability is just as much of a gamble as is the quality and enjoyment of the game itself.
    And, it's nothing new. Buggy, unfinished, unoptimized games have been a part of the gaming world since it's inception.

But, I tend to go into each new release with an open mind. It may work beautifully, it may have some small problems... it may be a cobbled together mess. I'll just have to play it and see.
    Hell, as fickle as some games are, you can't even take the word (or video) of other gamers. A game can run amazingly well for one person, and another person with the exact same PC will run into more problems then you can count.

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    release date is 31st ?!

it says 1 day and 13hrs left now ? i think i'll use a VPN to unlock it early

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, was just looking at that.
    Looks like it's set to unlock tomorrow at midnight. Which means I'll be able to play it around 11:00.
    When they changed the release date on Steam from Sept 1 to Aug 31 I was hoping it would unlock tonight at midnight and we'd get it a day sooner.
    But, seems that's not the case.

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Sent you the key Doc. :)

6. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Well i guess i had bad luck not sending you a PM and replying about the 2 keys you had.

Anyway thanks Stone Gargoyle for the offer and for all Guru Members giving away games.:)

Looks very good from the vids except the texture popin reminds me a mix of borderlands 1 Rage..

7. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    I did not see any textures poping on PC version

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/234140/discussions/0/527273789697218054/
    So basically, we know that stores have released, but digital releases have to stick to what we said.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What's the word from those who are playing the game early on consoles?

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1101836&page=27

Best I could find on neogaf, have to sort through the off topic crap though.

11. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Is there a Doof Warrior with a flamethrower guitar you can get? If not it needs to be the first DLC.

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Hahaha love this game xD

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    That video review is an extremely positive one too Doc from a guy who got the Xbone version early. He gave it a very solid 8 out of 10 stating that it very successfully mixes elements from Fallout, Batman, Shadow of Mordor and Just Cause games and makes you feel like you have been dropped into a true Mad Max world. The story won't be winning any awards but the gameplay more than makes up for any shortcomings.

He does mention that the game deserves far more buzz than it has and WB should be pushing much much harder to help people decide to pick up the game which I'm in complete agreement of.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This is one of those games that'll make most of its sales on pc in steam sales and with many a review and post saying "why havent i played this sooner" etc.

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I think what is hurting this game the most is that WB have failed rather stunningly to make gamers properly aware that Mad Max is to my knowledge at least being developed by the same exact team who also developed Just Cause 2 while Just Cause 3 is in fact being made by a new studio under the Avalanche NY banner.

ie one of the devs behind one of the best games of last gen is giving us a similar type of game albeit of a next gen standard.

17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Photo mode in action in all of its shiny chrome glory

18. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I agree, releasing this on the same day as MGS is the dumpest move ever.

This game deserves a lot more attention.

Although i wish they wouldve added the Nemesis system to MadMax. Like, every time you fail at a fight you wake up in a random camp prison and you have to 'borrow' a car to get back to yours.

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Posted by level1 on GAF

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, in their defense I seriously doubt they picked the same release date as MGSV on purpose. ;)
    The fact that Konami moved up the PC release of MGSV doesn't help any.

But, it's the fact that far too many "wonderful people" can't distinguish the difference between publisher/developer.
    After the Arkham Knight issue, I'm seeing way too much "WB suck! Not buying this it'll be crap!" in regards to Mad Max.

The hypocrisy is amazing. WB release Arkham Knight, and suddenly it's "WB worst publisher ever! Never buying anything else from them!" yet people continue to buy games from Ubisoft.
    WB release a great game, that's bugged up the ass, "Heretics! Worst publisher in history!!"
    Bethesda release Fallout: New Vegas, bugged up the ass, "Amazing game! overlook the bugs, it's worth it!"

Ugh.
    Mad Max deserves more attention then it's getting. But, yes, it has the misfortune of being release alongside another huge release.
    Another game that's release has been made even bigger because of the controversy surrounding the happenings between Konami and Kojima.
    It's BS. Pure and simple, I agree. Mad Max looks amazing and shouldn't be sidelined just because an entry in a long standing series is coming out.

Saw the same thing happen with Alan Wake, as Red Dead Redemption was released the same day.
    I picked up Alan Wake and gave a solid middle finger to RDR. :) Even the clerk that totaled up my sale tied to tell me, "You shouldn't get Alan Wake, RDR's gonna be a much better game."
    Told him I'll make that decision. And AW got crushed sales wise. Amazing game over shadowed by Rockstar's latest baby.

And now, the same thing is happening to Mad Max. MGSV is being placed in a shiny spotlight, and Max... trying to get attention is being overlooked by far too many.