Any way to enable Adaptive/Dynamic VSync? (Radeon Pro does not work)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by TDurden, Dec 21, 2015.

1. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Hello,

I am trying to enable Dynamic Vsync on my Radeon HD7870 with Radeon Crimson drivers.

Tried Radeon Pro but no luck yet. Works when set to Always on, but then it is well...always on :) Dynamic does not appear to make a difference.

I am primarily interested in making it work for Far Cry 3 as there are stutters when fps goes below 60 with VSync enabled.

Maybe there is another way to do it on AMD?

2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I am of the the impression that dynamic vsync no longer works or was experimental at some point

I can not get it to work anywhere either where as always on works and so does triple buffering which i use for fifa

i wanted to try dynamic in a few titles like ac unity and syndicate ect but no joy

3. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    I was choosing between R9 380X and GTX 970 with the latter being faster but also 50 percent more expensive here and also having weird memory config which is dependent on drivers. But nVidia has Adaptive VSync and last I checked it works.

I'm on the edge of returning R9 380X, but still wondering maybe there is another tool for AMD or maybe a way to make Radeon Pro work again. I'd still like to support AMD :)

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

5. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Got it working!
    Unchecked in-game overlay in Uplay settings and it works now :)
    Have not tested how much "dynamic" VSync really is, but Far Cry 3 on low settings = VSync on, and Ultra = VSync off, seems to be working.
    As for Unigine Heaven my mistake was testing in on DX9 windowed. Adaptive VSync in Radeon Pro only works in fullscreen when running DX9. DX11 works both ways.

Sometimes RadeonPro would not let me save settings, you have to exit and restart it again. Reset defaults does not save settings automatically either. And to get FPS counter hot key working I had to clear and set it again in settings.