r9 280x definitive solution to the flickering screen

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Wolf2079, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Wolf2079

Wolf2079 Member

GPU:
    NITRO RX 580 8 GB
    Good day, maybe this is a topic that many have already turned the page, but I encourage you to do it again because as I know there are many with these cards (R9 280x) and have not yet been able to remove the lid of screen permanently, the guide is to use first GPU-Z to remove the bios of our r9 280x second program called VBE7.0.0.7b use to edit the bios, editing will be performed only to watch 2D (UVD ) GDDR5 memory that factory comes in 1500 and changed at the speed of 1250, in memory of 1600 like switching to a lower value, but remember that it is only in the 2D state (UVD), finally left alone reflash the card with the modified bios, this was posted by a user on another forum and the truth that works, flickering screen completely disappeared in my R9 280x (MSI in my case), this only do it for help many users as I felt a bit sad to read depues buy cards that they had that little flicker, if they wish am available even to those who have these cards modificarles bios, just let me know and gladly leave you my email to send you the UEFI BIOS and both its normal bios, greetings

2. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    In all honesty...most of us get by with very little flicker by turning off hardware acceleration in our browser. I might get a flicker once a week or one per month these days....and im not sure i have seen a flicker since crimson drivers came around. Yea so somehow the newer drivers are helping as well

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    We came with solution soon after HD7970 launched. It has been posted and repeated so many times over and over.
    But there are some rare cases where screen still jumps even after you keep card from going to lowest vram clock.

And one does not need to modify bios for that, it can be done easily with OC profile for CCC and notepad.

4. Wolf2079

Wolf2079 Member

GPU:
    NITRO RX 580 8 GB
    Good day, these steps mentioned at the outset is for those who want no flicker ever, if you have users who do not mind having blinks once a week as this is not applicable to them, albeit with the change notepad to avoid flickering screen is valid, it is known that if they use afterburner or Shappire trixx to do some overclocking even if only a little, that the notebook will be totally null, drivers crimson like previous versions provided some improvement but the flicker is always present in the way the bios of 280x r9 were created to keep low temperatures at rest, showing Shappire days emsamblador not hesitate to launch a bios but with voltage 0.90v (2d) at rest, then xfx I throw a bios voltage 2d provided (0.85) but modify precisely the watch on your core in a lower value, other manufacturers made in his memoirs, as in this case, but they do emsambladores users do not bother to make such modification, for performing the steps themselves (change bios) so your cards flicker or just never get used to one or two flashes from time to time. Everything presented here is only for the one who give yourself realize, as I said just do it to help, I like many always whenever installing a new catalyst had to return to the notebook, and when updating Google Chrome had to walk disabling things but after performing this step that all history back to normal as it should be from the beginning since you make the purchase of the graphics card, greetings ...