Watch Dogs - Biker Aiden minimod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by infiniium, Sep 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO R9 390 8GB
    Hi,

This is my first public mod. It replaces DedSec outfit with Aiden in biker clothes (no hat or helmet), and replaces Cyberpunk outfit with the original thugOnBike model that has a helmet. Shop images and outfit names changed to suit the new outfits.

Biker Aiden:
    [​IMG]
    Helmet guy:
    [​IMG]

patch.fat/.dat and loose files (items.lib and graphickit_models.lib) here.

Many thanks to The Silver for helping me out in some questions!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Looks nice! Will check it out!

3. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Congratulations for posting it! :)
    It would be cool also to create something like a centralized Custom Outfits thread or such, since combining clothing is now very possible and having them grouped together would make things easier for everyone, what do you think? :cool:

Also personally I don't think I want to create a new thread for every single skin... :D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  4. Zer01neDev

Zer01neDev Guest

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    Now, need to find a way to add this without replace skins.

5. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Yeah I was trying for like 2 hours to add the new outfits instead of replacing existing ones, but I couldn't. It surprised me because I checked the CarOnDemand mod and the files for the cars are just added to the items.lib and it works, but I couldn't add outfits the same way. If anyone knows how to add outfits, please tell me.

6. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Thanks! :D

Yeah you're right, we should gather these into one place. And we could post there if we come up with anything new.

7. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I think I have an idea how to do this but I never tested it.

You can copy somewhere an existing Clothing xml, rename it like "Clothing_SP.DefaultSkin.SP_Cloth_Store_Aiden_51.xml"
    Open it and change these lines:

<field name="text_hidName" type="String">Clothing_SP.DefaultSkin.SP_Cloth_Store_Aiden_50</field>
    <field name="hidName" type="StringId">0xEFB93C9E</field>
    <field name="hidKey" type="StringId">0xEFB93C9E</field>

into something like this:

<field name="text_hidName" type="String">Clothing_SP.DefaultSkin.SP_Cloth_Store_Aiden_51</field>
    <field name="hidName" type="StringId">0x0FFFFF09</field>
    <field name="hidKey" type="StringId">0x0FFFFF09</field>

Just unpack "items.lib" from All Car On Demand Mod and take a look inside "CarHackingRewards" xmls with (1) or (2) or (3) in their names. I think you can just use their "StringId".

Before you pack your items.lib you need to open "items_converted.xml" and add the name of your new xml to the list. That way it will pack your new xml into the items.lib.

But I think there might be a problem linking your new xml with "graphickit_models.lib" Because In each xml from items.lib I saw this line:

<field name="graphickitmodelModel" type="BinHex">57943AE6</field>

And also there's this line:

<object name="AssetsProperties">
    <field name="sItemIconTextureName" type="String">Aiden/Aiden_kit_50</field>

Have no idea if you should change it.

Also these lines are different in the xmls from items.lib:

<object name="locstridItemNameId">
    <field name="LocalizationId" type="UInt32">223380</field>
    </object>
    <object name="locstridItemDescriptionId" />
    <object name="locstridItemLongDescriptionId">
    <field name="LocalizationId" type="UInt32">223379</field>

But I think you can just left them as they are. Looks like it's just the item description.

8. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    The graphickitmodelModel field points to a model with the same code in the graphickit_models xmls, switching this code to another one from the graphickit_models files is how every skin replacement mod works.
    The field sItemIconTextureName just points to a texture with that same name in the ui subfolders, this is how I've added the new Death Race car icon.
    The others are just id that points to a specific name and description, you can freely swap them around, this is how infiniium "renamed" the clothing.

UPDATE: Ok I just did a quick test for the hidName and hidKey values, and the result is that apparently the game doesn't care what they are as long as they're unique, otherwise it crashes. I've simply copy-pasted a clothing and replaced a single character of its hidName and hidKey values to a random one, it worked first try, more entries of that same clothing in the skin selector menu, so it's solved I'd say...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  9. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    So you say the duplicated item showed in the shop? Cause i tried the same way and it didnt work for me. Probably i was doing something wrong... will check this tomorrow.

10. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Maybe compare our steps:

1 - Duplicated clothing files
    [​IMG]

2 - Edited last character of both ids
    [​IMG]

3 - Added them in xml list
    [​IMG]

4 - Ingame result
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    What is this a Hitman Outfit?

12. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Not really, I just wanted something like a The Transporter outfit, with a professional suit and "driving gloves", so I've mixed a generic business suit with a tie and chosen the darkest color variations, then I've replaced the hands with gloves from one of the vanilla outfits. :cool: I also tried to give him sunglasses but both the original models clips through his eyebrows etc so no luck, however it's already cool enough I think. :D

I had hidden in this post a couple more outfits that I made for myself with the simple xml editing, it's pretty easy to combine the original model pieces to create customized outfits. ;) Well, assuming that they fit aiden's neck since it's head model is different from the usual heads and the back of his neck tends to clip through most of the tight collars... :O

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  13. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    There are thousands of materials for creating new models (outfits), however I think the normal NPC parts are not that detailed. Check your Professional outfit, the suit and the shirt (especially the shirt) doesn't look as detailed as other cloths of Aiden. That won't stop us from using them though, just something I noticed.

14. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Obviously npcs don't have the same detail as primary characters, however I don't notice any major flaw with the shirt, and it even have pretty good physics like a lot of other npc clothing, also consider that I'm not using Ultra textures so this would surely help, anyway yes there are a lot of parts to combine, and all of them have a lot of material variations that changes the appearence (colors, detail maps etc), let alone adding accessories like backpack, headset, etc. :)

15. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Let's do that.

File duplicated:
    [​IMG]
    IDs changed:
    [​IMG]
    Added to items filelist xml:
    [​IMG]
    Ingame result:
    [​IMG]

I must be doing something terribly wrong, or my game just don't want to accept new items.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015

16. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Comparing what we did it's clear that you didn't simply duplicated the item but you changed the accessidAccessIdToGiveItem to FF while I kept mine original, I bet that if you don't touch it and/or just duplicate the same Clothing_ULC.Cyberpunk that I used in my example it will actually work. ;)

17. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    That I changed earlier, not during this test, to unlock the digital trip outfits. But be it! As soon as I will have the time later today I will get my "untouched" patch.dat and try all this in that. With all types of clothing (default sp skins, ULC, digiTrip rewards). I will not rest until this is solved!

18. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    That's the spirit! :)

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    WOW, that helmet guy / Aiden leather jacket looks awesome! :eek:

ME WANTS !!!

You know what - you just made me play that game again soonish.

20. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Lol. That alone made it totally worth it :D