Problem With NVIDIA Geforce Experience

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by oomjos, Mar 30, 2015.

1. oomjos

oomjos Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 GIGABYTE G1
    Hello people,

I own a GTX 980 G1 Gaming card. This card worked flawlessly in a Windows 8.1 environment.

Even the fan was turning off when the card was idling.

This is however not the case in Windows 10. It seems that the software provided on the NVIDIA website does not integrate at all with the Windows 10 environment which does not make sense to me.

Firstly Geforce Experience can't pick up my card... secondly the fan is very loud with no games running at all.

Thirdly installing MSI Afterburner to perhaps used it as an alternative to switch off the noisy fan also failed. MSI Afterburner does not detected the card at all.

Any advice would be welcome. Perhaps I should upgrade my MSI z97 Gaming 3 BIOS?

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Or install a stable complete version of Windows?

Windows 10 is far from finished, don't expect things to work with it

3. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    First of all, you don't really need Geforce Expierence to begin with, I think it just might be a bug of Windows 10, remember it's in it's 'preview' stage, so there always could be some bugs lying around.

Second, did you try updating your videocard BIOS?

If you look here:

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?manufacturer=Gigabyte&model=GTX+980

these are the BIOSES for your Videocard, I'm not sure if you have updated it yet but you can always check the version of your videocard BIOS in your Nvidia graphics panel.

Last of all, why don't you try updating the motherboard? You never know what advantages you may get while doing this, but I don't think it's caused by the motherboard afterall.

Do you have any OC software installed or enabled? That may be a cause aswell.

I think the best option to do is report this at the NVIDIA forums so that they can inspect this issue more thoroughly.

Right here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/110/geforce-experience/

4. oomjos

oomjos Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 GIGABYTE G1
    Thanks for the suggestions

I found this in device manager...

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

So I guess its a driver problem...

5. oomjos

oomjos Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 GIGABYTE G1
    I am considering going back to Windows 8.1 at this stage. The reason I switched was because of a network problem my Killer E network adapter was giving me.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Killer E network adapters seems to have issues all over the place, iirc people here have resorted to buying a 3rd party adapter and installing that instead

7. oomjos

oomjos Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 GIGABYTE G1
    Its not only the network card on the board but also the sound card... For example the sound would stutter when using Spotify and Chrome at the same time...

Anyway I'm downloading different drivers to see if it will perhaps fix it.

8. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Don't forget to uninstall with DDU (Driver Display Uninstaller):

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379506

;)

(All credits go to Wagnard and the DDU-Team)

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Buy a Broadcom or Intel NIC and you won't have those issues.

At the current time, Windows10 is in "beta testing" phase. You will run into "bugs" in the operating system. The purpose of "technical previews" is to allow developers and "early adopters" access to the operating system before release to assist in finding and correcting "bugs" in the code. At no time should it ever be assumed that any feature or function is going to work properly. If you need a stable operating system environment, you need to stick with Windows7 or 8.1 until Windows10 is released to the general public.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015