Wait or Upgrade to R9380X

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by BedantP, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Best advice i can give you is : there will always be the next big thing, so youre going to end up waiting for eternity if you keep waiting for it, aka better go for what makes sense right now :)

2. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    If that's the case then get the games you want and enjoy them. If you keep the interest in new card releases and specs you'll be well informed of what you need when upgrade time rolls around.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    +1 if I can't afford something I want I wait a bit and buy the absolute best I can afford. Its cheaper in the long run in waiting.

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Well to be fair it sounds like he was given the card and PC to begin with. Which is fine. I would personally just wait until the 380X is actually out, look at benchmarks, and then decide if you want to wait or not. You have a nice PC for being 13. When I was your age I had to suffer with second hand stuff that was outdated.

5. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    You don't get it, It's not like I don't have money, but I bought my 960 for roughly same as the price of 970. I bought it for around $300. Reason? TAX. In my country the 960 is sold for $300 instead of $200. If there was no tax, I could obviously get a much better rig. Damn this country. I got this whole rig for around $820 which is way more than it would cost in the U.S. So even if I could wait, tax would eat the money up. And I bought it in a hurry because my father had come here for a temp. period and had to go back to Ethiopia for his work.
    Sad story, eh? I bought it in the last day of his stay.
    My father promised my that if I would compromise for now, he could buy a much better GPU next year, and that sounded good as staying with a 970 for a long time won't do good.

6. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I'm not sure we can offer any more advice than what has already been given. Your father said he will put up the funds for a new card in a year, so it sounds like your only choice is to use the 960 til then.

You'll have lots of options for a replacement in a years time.