BSOD atikmdag.sys, dxgmms1.sys?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by lordferg1, Jan 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. lordferg1

lordferg1 Guest

GPU:
    His 7950 3gb
    ever since i bought my new graphics card my pc has been acting up i have been getting driver crashes and bsod and pc also hangs when booting it hangs on starting windows really starting to pee me off any help would be much a appreciated. im thinking it might be the mobo? but i dont really know i hope its not a faulty card thanks again

i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Stable
    8gb 1600mhz ddr3
    His 7950 3gb
    4 hdds one ssd
    700w power supply
    Asus P8p67 Mobo

2. Marco Borsato

Marco Borsato Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    You may have a faulty card, also, what brand is that power supply?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  3. lordferg1

lordferg1 Guest

GPU:
    His 7950 3gb
    its an Ocz psu

4. Marco Borsato

Marco Borsato Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    The best way to find out if there is something wrong with your card would be to test it out on a different PC, a faulty power supply can cause these kind of issues too. You could try downloading a different driver if you haven't tried that already, but my guess is you are very unlucky and you received a bad card.

5. lordferg1

lordferg1 Guest

GPU:
    His 7950 3gb
    I have uninstalled all of the drivers and the issue still stands it is quicker boot but still hangs the hard drive pretty much stops and the light is very dim them suddenly it starts to flash and windows is loaded any idea what it is? it doesn't seem like the card is faulty tbh ive bench marked it etc i get good temps and good fps im thinking it could be either the psu or the mobo please reply quickly thanks :)

6. lordferg1

lordferg1 Guest

GPU:
    His 7950 3gb
    It is not the GPU because i have replaced it with another one and the issue with hanging startup still stands

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I would suggest in this instance to do a clean install of windows sounds like there is something in the registry that may be borked plus a clean install of windows always makes the computer run so much better as a whole. Out of curiosity what was your last card?