Tom Clancy's The Division

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 30, 2016.

1. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Don't know...i think loot chances are bugged. First time i reached GS256 i've got 3 vests from Lexington runs it two days of farming...two vests for first few hours. Now, after 100+ attempts...no vests, no Showstopper. Same with every named items. It's just stupid. Never happened to me with other loot based or mmo games. Stupid AF...

In other games it's simple. If I purposefully targeted some bosses for specific loot drops, I've got it eventually after few or several hours. In this games...it makes no fkng sense. And i'm talking about this from years of mmo grinding experience! :D Not funny tho...

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah it's too random.

Speaking of Lexington this is bittersweet:
    [​IMG]
    so finally got it but less than stellar rolls. Had it had FA or Stamina or Armor readily, it would have been very good...

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    lol that's like finally getting what you want only to realize it's:

[​IMG]

4. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Yeah.. I agreed. Did they turn the drop off?? Seriously, I have been farming for the last two days for the Ferro's mask, no luck. Didn't see any of my group member get one either. :(

and congrat Asiju! :D

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yup, there's been a lot of discussion in Division forums about rare/named items (I'm a forum lurker there).

Either their drop chance should be noticeably higher or preferably implement some Insane difficulty which needs to be completed to get one.
    Or, at least, give these items some guaranteed stats/rolls (or allow recalibrating two slots of named items).

Now they're completely random, both drop chance and rolls, meaning you may get a basically useless item.

Too bad because the vest would fit right in with my build / smart cover+pulse playstyle...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I think a good option would be to have 2 ways of getting them:

low drop rate at random and high drop rate when succeeding specific tasks, for example on PC doing a sub 10 minute Lexington run solo or sub 13 minutes on console, etc.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah create some criteria that needs to be met like time or don't die / use any skills etc.

Obviously the criteria could and should be hard to meet. I'd rather retry a mission hundred times for a guaranteed reward than farm blindly for a random chance drop for a random item.

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I am in game only for a several hours and I don`t like little things like you can`t make a headshot kill with one bullet with enemies without helmet (may be it depends on damage stat of a weapon? but I remember that my character died a bunch of times just from one headshot), or enemy (usual guys, not heavies) keeps walking towards you completely unaffected by the rain of bullets (till he has a health bar). Probably devs just wanted to increase the difficulty.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  9. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    You have misunderstood what the game is. It's not a tactical cover based shooter, it's more akin to Diablo and other games where the stats of your gear/weapons matter the most.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Yeah, but I am at the very beginning of the game, so I can`t magically improve those stats. So I will be capable to kill enemies with single headshot after my weapon stats will rise to certain level? Or I will need full magazine considering the level of enemies will rise too?

As for tactical or not - I have to approach this game namely as tactical cover base shooter due to single play mode and the fact that my character dies with certainty being exposed to enemies longer than 2-3 seconds.

Edit: Btw, don`t you use covers at all?

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I haven't touched this game in like 8 months. They put out that first incursion maybe a second and then I gave up because anytime you went into DZ everyone was ridiculously overpowered and at that point, the only way to do anything in the game was through the DZ. I've read patches have since removed that and you can basically play the game outside of DZ now?

Is it even worth trying to get back into at this point? I did enjoy it a lot for the first 2 or 3 months and then when they weren't addressing the big issues (did they ever fix that annoying blank UI when changing weapons?) like weapjns balancing and what not, I finally said screw it.

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    It's a tactical cover shooter mechanicswise but also a loot/RPG game so you can't think of Division as a third-person shooter strictly.

Enemies of higher level than your character (the level number is displayed next to health bar) are always bullet-spongy.

Also different category weapons have different stats. For single-headshot kills you must use a marksman rifle with high enough damage (and fire at unarmored enemies of same or lower level than your character).
    The scaling remains somewhat the same during leveling up process as your enemies scale accordingly.

Definitely worth going back, the game's playability was vastly improved since patch 1.4 (currently at 1.5).
    Especially the end game is more enjoyable now and you needn't go to DZ at all if you don't want to, plenty of other ways for getting loot now.

For example even normal NPC enemies may drop gear set pieces now etc.

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Thanks. I enjoy the game. But that bullet-spongy thing is strange. I managed to kill enemy with one shot only with shotgun from 2-3 meters distance (practically into the face), iirc. There were plenty of small groups of enemies (met on the way to the current mission) with same level as my character, and as they were not aware of my approach I managed to attack first enemy from quite near distance with accurately placed ADS shot and he never died from first bullet. This is not right. -)

Edit: With such rules the pistols is obsolete/useless imo. So far I used one only to shoot the booby-traps.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    It takes a while to accomodate to the enemy resilience. Always make sure your primary weapon is of the same level as your character or at least deals similar amount of damage (Superior lower level weapon may be better than Specialized current level one).

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Thanks again. Btw is there more or less detailed Wiki(s) about the game?
    For example I still don`t have a clue whether SMG with higher DPS value is stronger then LMG with lower DPS value? Are DPS values comparable for a different classes of weapons?

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Nope.

The formula is as broken as it gets.

In essence, the most important factors are:

• Base weapon damage
    • Talents that increase damage directly or indirectly (CHD/CHC/...)
    • Your Critical Hit Chance and Damage
    • Enemy Armor Damage
    • Damage to Elites (PvE only)
    • If your aim is decent, stack headshot damage

You basically always want to keep this in mind in your brain:

"If I fire a 100 bullets, what would the average damage per bullet be?"

That's not how the DPS formula works, but it's a far better mindset to get a very damaging weapon.

Technically it would be possible to create a perfectly functional DPS formula, but not a single player would have the same damage output. You would have to essentially calculate a players actual accuracy and headshots/shot, making it a constantly shifting value that will average out over time.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Thanks

I was wondering too, lol I used some ****ty machine gun with lots of bullets but it also had a very high recoil and to be honest with 3500 damage? it almost took longer then 1500-2000 e.g. something like AK47 :nerd:

18. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    don't forget, rate of fire, reload speed. Those make a big different in a fire fight. Pretty much, every variables are added to DPS =Damage Per Second, it is not just Damage Per Shot. :)

It is quite intriguing when trying to balance Toughness and DPS on this game, you would want to have as much DPS as possible, but, at the same time, you will also want to pay attention to the toughness so that you able to take a few more shots from NPC while TRYING to take the enemy down. It is a ying and yang effect. Can't have all in one basket. :) I don't PvP in this game, try DZ a few times, bunch of wimp don't have the ball to go solo, and depend too much on seeker mine. lol Beside, gears variety builds are more fun on PvE.

What I do recommend, as some have stated on this forum, try to get a minimum of 400k toughness, when farming with three other 256 gear score player, that toughness is very important to survival.

I also really like armor damage, 10% extra damage to elite and named enemy, also recover 30% health per kill, for PvE. Those are life saver for me on those gs256 farming. The elite armor really go up quite a bit when they are 4 players gs256 farming.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    http://divisionfieldguide.com/

^ pretty good source of information for the game I sometimes check myself :)

What Corrupt^ said about DPS above. DPS isn't comparable between weapon classes and in general is broken.

Especially during leveling up pay attention to DMG, RPM and other stats of the weapon, ignore DPS.

SMGs are effective at close range only, LMGs are more versatile but slowish to fire and take a moment to stabilize.

Personally I've found assault rifles to have the best overall properties plus they have a natural perk to enemy armor damage.

Weapon classes have a perk each:

SMG - boost critical hit damage (not chance)
    LMG- boost damage to targets out of cover
    AR - boost enemy armor damage
    Shotguns - Stagger
    MM rifles - headshot damage

LMG or AR as primary with SMG or shotgun as secondary is one way to go (hint: always keep a marksman rifle in your inventory...)

Concerning DPS I found that also reload speed has a big impact on DPS, like Kono said.
    While in general if considering damage output per unit time that makes sense, as were talking about damage per second here that just inflates and distorts the value.

No weapon empties its magazine/needs a reload in a second. Well, maybe double-barrel shotgun but that's it.
    So By boosting reload speed you get a big increase in DPS without doing any added damage in reality.

One last tip for the budding agent: do as much (preferably all) of the Encounters as you're willing.
    They give you supplies for upgrading your BoO and unlocking skills/talents/perks and useful things like recalibration station.

These greatly improve your abilities. Also doing side content earns you XP -> levels you up quicker -> story missions are that much easier to handle.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    For LMG's, MG5 or Pakhan are the best ones.