Overclock question GTX 560

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by lespaul678, Feb 16, 2012.

1. lespaul678

lespaul678 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti Fermi 2gb
    Hello all, I'm new to the forums and I have a question about using MSI Afterburner to overclock my card. I just got a new video card - GTX 560 Ti Fermi 2GB and I love it, It performs much better than my previous GTS 450 :). I did not have a problem overclocking my GTS 450.

However I am having "issues" overclocking my new GTX 560. I have found some settings that are good for the card, I input them and hit apply and everything goes as it should. However when I save the setting to one of the five profiles. I don't think it actually saves (even though it says it does) because if I resort back to my default settings and then hit one of the profiles that I saved different settings to, nothing changes. The sliders don't move or display anything different other than the "default" settings.

My question is, why is this happening? I have tried the release version of Afterburner (v2.1) and the beta (v2.2.0 beta 12) with the exact same results. I am not overclocking to ridiculous settings either. Why aren't the settings being saved to the profiles I set them too? Opening the program and manually inputting them seems like it defeats the purpose of having the profiles to begin with. I am getting no messages saying that what I'm doing is "dangerous" and it needs to "revert" back to default settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. Whenever I click the "Apply overclocking at system startup" button I have always gotten the message "RTTSH.dll::AddTask failed with error code -22!" What does that mean?

2. Don1376

Don1376 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 FTW
    The card automatically downclocks itself. Well my 560TI does. Have you went into settings and to profiles tab and set your 2D and 3D profiles? Mine doesn't show the overclocked speed until I put a load on it.

And the "RTTSH.dll::AddTask failed" is usually caused by either the RTTS service or a windows service that it depends upon being disabled. That could also be why your overclocks won't stay.

Hope it helps. good luck.

Also, if thats your current CPU I wouldn't worry too much about overclocking the card. You most likely won't see any improvment. I believe that CPU should have you pretty well bottlenecked.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I use evga precision for overclocking my GTX 560........give that a try and see if it works.
    evga.com/precision/